Are Gerrit emails wedged?

Skip to the first unread message

Josh Bleecher Snyder

27 Feb 2021, 10:44:4227/02/2021
to golang-dev
I haven’t received a few that I expected.

-josh

Cuong Manh Le

27 Feb 2021, 13:00:5727/02/2021
to Josh Bleecher Snyder, golang-dev
Matthew, Bryan and me also are also facing the same issue (See comments in https://go-review.googlesource.com/c/go/+/296769)

Cuong Manh Le

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 10:44 PM Josh Bleecher Snyder <josh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I haven’t received a few that I expected.

-josh

Matthew Dempsky

27 Feb 2021, 13:31:0227/02/2021
to Josh Bleecher Snyder, golang-dev
Yeah, I reported this internally (b/181352546 for other Googlers). I'll point them at this thread too, in case any external contributors that are noticing problems want to chime in with examples of missed notifications.

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 7:44 AM Josh Bleecher Snyder <josh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I haven’t received a few that I expected.

-josh

Dominik Honnef

27 Feb 2021, 17:07:1227/02/2021
to golang-dev
I've found hundreds of Gerrit emails in my Gmail spam folder.

Josh Bleecher Snyder

27 Feb 2021, 17:11:1127/02/2021
to Dominik Honnef, golang-dev
None in mine.

-josh

Matthew Dempsky

27 Feb 2021, 18:27:3827/02/2021
to Josh Bleecher Snyder, Dominik Honnef, golang-dev

brainman

27 Feb 2021, 19:18:3227/02/2021
to golang-dev
I also have not received some Gerrit emails. They are not in my spam.

Alex

David Chase

28 Feb 2021, 14:21:5328/02/2021
to brainman, golang-dev
Still missing, put several CLs up last night.

Dave Cheney

2 Mar 2021, 21:23:0702/03/2021
to golang-dev
I've not received anything from gerrit since last week. I double
checked the settings in gerrit to check they hadn't been inadvertently
changed.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/golang-dev/CAHOpXeWOvZdPJd%3DTMTeLKMFOHyRDu4c-pMcsZwBZTGkOqX9oWA%40mail.gmail.com.

Jason A. Donenfeld

3 Mar 2021, 03:11:1803/03/2021
to golang-dev
On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 7:31:02 PM UTC+1 Matthew Dempsky wrote:
Yeah, I reported this internally (b/181352546 for other Googlers).

 Any status update from the inside on that bug? Not receiving reviews on patchsets because nobody sees them is kinda demotivating.

Matthew Dempsky

3 Mar 2021, 04:06:5503/03/2021
to Jason A. Donenfeld, golang-dev
The Gerrit team has identified a culprit CL and rolled it back. We don't yet have any ETA on when to expect the rollback to be live in production though.

Sorry for the troubles. I share your feelings about the situation.

Matthew Dempsky

4 Mar 2021, 15:22:3004/03/2021
to Jason A. Donenfeld, golang-dev
Gerrit team tells us the fix is fully deployed now. If anyone notices more missing emails, please let us know. Thanks.

Josh Bleecher Snyder

4 Mar 2021, 18:50:2304/03/2021
to Matthew Dempsky, Jason A. Donenfeld, golang-dev
Thanks. Will the old emails be sent, or do we need to go through and attempt to discover all missed notifications?

-josh

David Chase

4 Mar 2021, 18:54:1704/03/2021
to Josh Bleecher Snyder, Matthew Dempsky, Jason A. Donenfeld, golang-dev
I haven't seen any of the dropped emails -- I'd have quite a few of them .

David Chase

4 Mar 2021, 18:57:5004/03/2021
to Josh Bleecher Snyder, Matthew Dempsky, Jason A. Donenfeld, golang-dev
I take that back, I just got 2 from two days ago.

Matthew Dempsky

4 Mar 2021, 19:08:1704/03/2021
to Josh Bleecher Snyder, Jason A. Donenfeld, golang-dev
I'm assuming the missed notifications will not be retried. I at least haven't received any yet.

Fannie...@arm.com

4 Mar 2021, 21:08:1704/03/2021
to golang-dev
I ran into another Gerrit emails problem.  I can receive Gerrit emails now, but it sends me some review emails for repos that I have not set up notifications. Do you have the same issues? Thank you.