Go Playground links

Frank Jüdes

Dec 8, 2022, 10:32:21 PM12/8/22
to golan...@googlegroups.com

Hi Go-Team,

first thank you so much for providing the Go Playground, it is an incredible service and i use it a lot to try out simple-things.

I was asked to present an introduction into the Go Programming Language for my colleagues and i would like to use the Go Playground to provide them with some simple example-programs with which they can play around and gather some experiences without the need to install Go first.

Two questions arose:

  1. Are we allowed to use the Go Playground for this purpose?
  2. How long are the links to "saved" example programs valid?

Best regards from Charleston (WV),
     Frank/2

--

Oracle
Frank Jüdes | Senior Principal Consultant | +1.713.885.4421

Alan Donovan

Dec 11, 2022, 11:19:34 PM12/11/22
to Frank Jüdes, golan...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 8 Dec 2022 at 22:32, Frank Jüdes <Frank....@oracle.com> wrote:
> Are we allowed to use the Go Playground for this purpose?
> How long are the links to "saved" example programs valid?

Yes! You are free to use the service this way, and putting links to saved programs in long-lived documentation is completely reasonable as they are saved indefinitely. Glad you are finding it useful!