Monthly compiler & runtime office hours

Austin Clements

Dec 13, 2022, 2:58:31 PM12/13/22
to golang-dev
Hello Gophers! I’m starting a monthly compiler & runtime office hours. We’ll have a few people from the compiler/runtime team at Google and hope that some contributors can join as well to answer questions and talk about the development of the compiler and runtime. We’ll see how it goes and may refine topics in the future.

The first office hours will be next Monday, December 19th at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific on Google Meet: meet.google.com/wve-kchb-jkq. Hope to see you there!

Cuong Manh Le

Dec 14, 2022, 8:37:32 AM12/14/22
to Austin Clements, golang-dev

Hi Austin,

It's good to see this gonna happen!

Would you mind including a calendar invitation, so ones who want to join won't forget.

Also, I tried the Google Meet link, and it shows the button "Ask to join". Do I need to register here or the permission to join will give on demand when the meeting starts?

Best,

Cuong

On 12/14/22 02:58, 'Austin Clements' via golang-dev wrote:
Hello Gophers! I’m starting a monthly compiler & runtime office hours. We’ll have a few people from the compiler/runtime team at Google and hope that some contributors can join as well to answer questions and talk about the development of the compiler and runtime. We’ll see how it goes and may refine topics in the future.

The first office hours will be next Monday, December 19th at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific on Google Meet: meet.google.com/wve-kchb-jkq. Hope to see you there!

Daniel Martí

Dec 14, 2022, 9:27:18 AM12/14/22
to Cuong Manh Le, Austin Clements, golang-dev
On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 20:37:20 +0700, Cuong Manh Le wrote:
> Hi Austin,
>
> It's good to see this gonna happen!
>
> Would you mind including a calendar invitation, so ones who want to join
> won't forget.

I was thinking the same :) We've been using a shared calendar for
golang-tools for a while, and it's worked well:
https://github.com/golang/go/wiki/golang-tools#shared-calendar

A standalone event is always possible, but then one needs to
individually invite people, and it's hard for others to add themselves.

> Also, I tried the Google Meet link, and it shows the button "Ask to join".
> Do I need to register here or the permission to join will give on demand
> when the meeting starts?

You can ask to join a few minutes before the call, as they'll be able to
let you in once they are in the call.

Austin Clements

Dec 14, 2022, 5:24:14 PM12/14/22
to Daniel Martí, Cuong Manh Le, golang-dev
Good idea! Here's a shared calendar (hopefully I did this right!). There's a button in the bottom right to add it directly to Google Calendar, or you can just view it at that URL.

You don't need to register or obtain permission to join the Meet. We'll just let people in as they join. It is possible to change that, but I worry a little about having a totally public Meet link on a public calendar.

Daniel Martí

Dec 14, 2022, 5:30:45 PM12/14/22
to Austin Clements, Cuong Manh Le, golang-dev
Works just fine, thank you!

Any chance you could record the session? I'd love to attend, but it will
be late and I already made dinner plans. At least I could catch up with
it later, and avoid another collision if the next call is arranged with
enough notice.

On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 17:23:49 -0500, Austin Clements wrote:
> Good idea! Here's a shared calendar
> <https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/embed?src=c_312e289b6350dc39a654cb9027efecc...@group.calendar.google.com>

Austin Clements

Dec 16, 2022, 2:04:15 PM12/16/22
to Daniel Martí, Cuong Manh Le, golang-dev
I think we should be able to record it, like the tools meetings are.

Austin Clements

Dec 20, 2022, 12:51:58 PM12/20/22
to Alejandro García Montoro, Daniel Martí, Cuong Manh Le, golang-dev
It was recorded. Once I've figured out how to share it, I'll send out a link. :)

On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 10:58 AM Alejandro García Montoro <alejandro.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

I think we should be able to record it, like the tools meetings are.

Was it possible to record it? I'm also interested in taking a look :)

Alejandro García Montoro

Dec 20, 2022, 4:09:12 PM12/20/22
to Austin Clements, Daniel Martí, Cuong Manh Le, golang-dev
Hi!

I think we should be able to record it, like the tools meetings are.

Austin Clements

Dec 22, 2022, 11:59:37 AM12/22/22
to Alejandro García Montoro, Daniel Martí, Cuong Manh Le, golang-dev
Thanks for your patience everyone. I finally managed to make the recording public.

Felix Geisendörfer

Jan 2, 2023, 9:03:15 AM1/2/23
to golang-dev
Just wanted to quickly say thanks for the notes and the recording <3.