Opening tree for *early* Go 1.17 changes only

Dmitri Shuralyov

Feb 16, 2021, 4:02:50 PM2/16/21
to golang-dev
Hi gophers,

The Go 1.16 release is out, and we're working reopening the tree for Go 1.17 development. As we've done with previous releases, we are opening the tree for changes that need to be made early first, before opening generally for all changes. We are using a GitHub issue for tracking this process:

The "Current Tree Status" heading at the top of that issue was just updated to "Accepting early Go 1.17 changes only (see list below)".

Please proceed cautiously, keeping an eye on build.golang.org, reverting if needed, and update the issue as you make progress.

We'll start the usual "Planning Go 1.17" thread later today.

Thanks,
Dmitri