contributors summits 2020

Russ Cox

Jan 17, 2020, 1:46:13 PM1/17/20
to golang-dev, Carmen Andoh
Hi golang-dev,

For the past few years we have run contributors summits colocated with Go conferences.
Last year we did one at Gophercon in San Diego and one at GoLab in Florence.
This year, we are planning to do two, one in the spring and one in the fall.
We're announcing them early to give people more time to make plans than in the past.

Thursday, April 23, in Berlin, Germany, co-located with Gophercon Europe
If interested, please register here.
We will confirm your registration by March 1st.

Thursday, October 1, New York, New York USA co-located with Gotham Go
Registration will open Summer 2020.

Both of these events will be free to attend and do not require a conference ticket.
Note that due to limited space we cannot always accommodate everyone,
but we will do our best.

Carmen Andoh (cc'ed) is coordinating the two summits. If you have any questions,
feel free to reply here or to email Carmen or me off-list.

Thanks as always for all your work making Go better.

Best,
Russ

can...@google.com

Mar 2, 2020, 12:21:58 PM3/2/20
to golang-dev

Due to developments with Coronavirus, Google has issued an International travel ban for its employees until further notice.  Googlers outside of Germany are currently unable to travel to Berlin for the Contributor Summit on April 23rd.  Given we don't know when this ban will be lifted, we are cancelling the summit.

The summit was to be a separate event from Gophercon EU. As of today, Gophercon EU is still scheduled to take place. Any questions about the conference should be directed to the Gophercon EU organizers.

We hope to hold a future contributor summit in Europe soon.

Thank You,
Carmen