LUCI Migration: Migration completion targeted for May 17th, 2024

Joedian Reid

Apr 15, 2024, 9:54:51 AMApr 15
to golang-dev

Hey Gophers,

Tl;dr; Migrate builders for secondary ports by May 17th, 2024

The Go team has made significant progress in porting the primary builders to LUCI, and we are approaching the final stage. If you are a builder owner/maintainer, the deadline to migrate your port is May 17th, 2024. Please follow these instructions to get started.

Our goal is to ensure a consistently efficient and effective platform for all users. We believe that the timely migration of all builders, including those maintained by the community, will contribute to this goal.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know.

**If your builder is already migrated please ignore this email**

Best,
Joedian for the Go Team

abner chenc

Apr 24, 2024, 11:06:33 AMApr 24
to golang-dev
Currently, LUCI linux-loong64 builder is not working happily, issue: https://github.com/golang/go/issues/65398

Thanks.

Richard Miller

May 6, 2024, 12:03:19 PMMay 6
to golang-dev
On Monday 15 April 2024 at 14:54:51 UTC+1 Joedian Reid wrote:

Hey Gophers,

Tl;dr; Migrate builders for secondary ports by May 17th, 2024

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know.

Our concern is that the Plan 9 port needs some attention, because Python 3 is not supported on our platform. We hope to run the swarming bot on a proxy linux machine, communicating with a Plan 9 cluster which will run the actual tests. We would appreciate some response to issue #62025 for example, so we can make a start on this.

abner chenc

May 16, 2024, 2:54:08 AMMay 16
to golang-dev
Hi, all:
   The LUCI access method requires much greater network bandwidth than the legacy buildlet access method, and the required network traffic is many times more than the previous legacy access method. Now, although the LUCI linux-loong64 builder can work correctly , but the network bandwidth in the area where the Linux/loong64 builder is located is small, and network failures often occur. Is there any configuration that can reduce the network traffic and network bandwidth during the operation of the LUCI builder?

Thanks.

Dmitri Shuralyov

May 17, 2024, 11:04:23 PMMay 17
to golang-dev
Thanks abner chenc for reporting that. Let's use go.dev/issue/67469 to discuss it further and track builder bandwidth optimizations.

We've reached the May 17th, 2024 date today. Thank you to all port maintainers and builder owners for your help with the migration. There are some builders still actively being migrated, and we'll continue to work with you on completing them.

For any builders whose owners haven't responded and aren't actively working on bringing up a LUCI builder, we'll proceed in accordance to our porting policy.

If you have any comments, please let us know. We'll continue to use 'new-builder' issues on the Go issue tracker to coordinate most of the builder-specific work.

Thanks,
Dmitri for the Go team