Trouble getting new Gerrit auth credentials

Daniel Martí

Dec 13, 2022, 8:19:36 AM12/13/22
to golang-dev
Hi all,

I'm trying to rotate my git http credential for
go-review.googlesource.com, and I'm struggling to do so.

Following https://go.dev/doc/contribute#config_git_auth,
clicking on "generate password" and selecting my personal google account,
clicking on "allow" tells me:

> Sorry, something went wrong there. Try again.

I get the same flow and same result if I try "obtain password" under
https://go-review.googlesource.com/settings/#HTTPCredentials.

I'm confused and don't know what to do from here.
I'm logged into Gerrit with the same account, the same email I'm sending
this email from. I have done the .gitcookies flow at least twice before,
I'm sure, so I'm not sure what is different now.

The only other option I can think of is removing access for
*.googlesource.com on https://myaccount.google.com/permissions,
but I fear that that may cause unintended effects to my Gerrit account.

Would appreciate any help :) And, ideally, that error message should be
more helpful. I'm also happy to provide further information privately.

Russ Cox

Dec 13, 2022, 9:54:51 AM12/13/22
to Daniel Martí, golang-dev
Hi Daniel,

I see the same error trying it myself and have reported it to the team. Sorry for the bother.

Best,
Russ