Setting up a new linux/ppc64 builder at OSUOL

Paul Murphy

Aug 19, 2022, 3:05:50 PM8/19/22
to golang-dev
The linux/ppc64 builder should probably be updated, it is running ubuntu 16.04 which has been out of support for over a year now.

I have set up a new image at osuol running debian sid. It is running docker and I've created the container image needed to run buildlet at deb...@140.211.10.88.

The hardware configuration is otherwise identical to the existing linux/ppc64 builder (P8, 20vcpu, 30G ram). I think it should be accessible by the google go team, similar to the other osuol VMs.

Is it possible to run this in parallel and replace the existing ppc64 builder once it is running smoothly?

Thanks,
Paul

David Chase

Aug 23, 2022, 4:17:38 PM8/23/22
to golang-dev
Later this week, once I figure out how to do it (I am on release rotation this week).

David Chase

Aug 26, 2022, 4:14:44 PM8/26/22
to golang-dev
Sorry to be so slow, this new builder, is it ppc64 or ppc64le?
And the OS is "Debian Sid".
And am I supposed to expect 5 of them, or one?

I'm not entirely sure what to call it; would "host-linux-ppc64[le]-osu-sid" and "linux-ppc64[le]-osu-sid" work for now?

Paul Murphy

Aug 26, 2022, 4:31:59 PM8/26/22
to golang-dev
No worries, this builder is ppc64 only.

I expect it to handle 5 instances,  identical to the current ppc64 VM at osu. "host-linux-ppc64-osu-sid" is an OK name.

Thanks!