netbsd-arm builders timing out most Go builds

70 views
Skip to first unread message

Benny Siegert

unread,
Aug 31, 2026, 5:04:12 AMAug 31
to golang-dev
Hi!

I upgraded the NetBSD builders for ARM (32 and 64) to the new 11 release.

While doing so, I noticed that on the 32-bit machines, most builds of the Go tree itself time out.

It looks like that timeout is 3 hours, which is ... ambitious. There is little modern hardware that supports 32-bit ARM, so the two boards are somewhat slow and have only 1 and 2 gigs of RAM respectively. Every once in a while, there is a successful build at just under 3 hours, such as https://chromium-swarm.appspot.com/task?id=7a6d057b59265410.

I would like to increase the timeout further -- I think this would make the builders a lot more useful. How do I do that?

--
Benny

Benny Siegert

unread,
Aug 31, 2026, 5:05:57 AMAug 31
to golang-dev
Forgot to add: the builder already has GO_TEST_TIMEOUT_SCALE=10 -- but that's for individual tests, not the build as a whole. I assume the 3h timeout is in the LUCI config somewhere.
--
Benny
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages