Who owns Windows?

Brad Fitzpatrick

Dec 19, 2022, 1:43:13 PM12/19/22
to golang-dev, Alex Brainman, Quim Muntal
Does anybody on the Go team own Windows yet? :)

https://dev.golang.org/owners suggests no. Or suggests it's me & Alex Brainman. (neither at Google with access to push any Gerrit buttons these days)

I see https://github.com/orgs/golang/teams/windows includes Quim ("Developer at Microsoft"), so maybe Quim? :)

In any case, who should review stuff like https://go-review.googlesource.com/c/go/+/452497 ?

Quim Muntal

Dec 19, 2022, 3:04:22 PM12/19/22
to Brad Fitzpatrick, golang-dev, Alex Brainman
I don't have push access either, but will take a look at this CL later today.

Quim

Missatge de Brad Fitzpatrick <brad...@golang.org> del dia dl., 19 de des. 2022 a les 19:43:

Russ Cox

Dec 19, 2022, 3:50:31 PM12/19/22
to Quim Muntal, Brad Fitzpatrick, golang-dev, Alex Brainman
We did have someone on the Go team at Google specifically in charge of the Windows port, but they left and we don't have a replacement at the moment. Various of us have been doing Windows-related maintenance and fixes, especially around the builders, so it's not abandoned, but we don't have a real expert.

If you or Alex Brainman or anyone else +2 a Windows CL and run TryBots successfully, it should appear in https://go.dev/s/needs-review, and then someone here at Google will skim and +1 it as part of the weekly open source duties rotation. That CL doesn't have the TryBots passing yet. The rebase+rerun helped but it looks like maybe the 386 port has a real problem.

Best,
Russ

brainman

Dec 20, 2022, 2:30:51 AM12/20/22
to golang-dev
Hello Brad,

The change LGTM after Aaron fixes new test on 386.

Alex