Tree status for the Go 1.21 release and Go 1.22 development

Heschi Kreinick

Jul 18, 2023, 3:00:30 PM7/18/23
to golang-dev
Hi Gophers,

As announced, we're opening the tree for Go 1.22 development this week.
  • The tree is accepting early Go 1.22 changes only - please see and update the tracking issue as needed.
  • The usual planning thread is open.
  • Any CLs that target 1.21 must be cherry-picked to the release branch. Cherrypicks can be created following the same steps as usual but do not need a backport issue or approval from the release team. Please continue to use your judgment about what should be included this late in the release cycle.
We'll update this thread once the tree is fully open.

Thanks,
Heschi for the Go release team

Heschi Kreinick

Jul 20, 2023, 12:54:01 PM7/20/23
to golang-dev
The tree is now open for general development. It will remain open until the freeze begins on November 21st at 11:59PM Eastern time.

As you submit your changes, please keep an eye on build.golang.org and consider waiting if there's a widespread test failure.

Thank you, and happy development!

Heschi for the Go release team