Reopening the tree for Go 1.20 development

Dmitri Shuralyov

Aug 2, 2022, 4:57:14 PM8/2/22
to golang-dev
Hi gophers,

The Go 1.19 release is out, and we're working on reopening the tree for Go 1.20 development. As usual, the tree will initially be open for early changes to minimize merge conflicts, before being opened generally. Please see the tracking issue:

https://go.dev/issue/53812

The "Current Tree Status" heading at the top is "Early-in-cycle CLs for 1.20 only" at this moment, and will be updated as progress is made. Tentatively, we expect a soft reopening (for fixes only, not new features yet) by Aug 5, and a full general tree reopening on Aug 8, but please keep an eye on the issue for the latest updates.

Thanks,
Dmitri

Dmitri Shuralyov

Aug 8, 2022, 10:08:56 AM8/8/22
to golang-dev
By now the tree is open for Go 1.20 development, and issue 53812 is closed. Thanks everyone.