go.dev is live!

Julie Qiu

Nov 13, 2019, 12:26:33 PM11/13/19

Hey Gophers,

We are excited to share that go.dev, a new hub for Go developers, is now live!

At go.dev, you will find information on how to get started with the language, featured use cases, and other resources. It is a companion site to golang.org. You can read about it on the latest Go blog post.

You will also find a new place to discover Go packages and modules, pkg.go.dev, by clicking on Explore in the header or footer.

Pkg.go.dev serves Go documentation like godoc.org, but it also understands modules and has information about previous versions of a package (such as all releases of the Go standard library!). It also detects and displays licenses and has a better search algorithm.

You can follow Go issue 33654 for future developments on pkg.go.dev.

We are just starting to build out go.dev, so some bugs are to be expected. We want to work with all of you to make this site better for Go developers, so please share your feedback with us and file issues if you spot them! You can do that by clicking "Share Feedback" or "Report an Issue" at the footer of every page, or by emailing go-discove...@google.com. See go.dev/about for more information about the site.

We hope you enjoy the new site and look forward to hearing your feedback!

Warmly ☀️,

Julie for the Go team