Jadeclaw: Barbarians at the Gates

SpiritFox

Feb 14, 2016, 10:03:46 AM2/14/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
The Spring Festival is in full swing in the port city of Xiang Ping as all its people celebrate the arrival of the twentieth year of the Emperor's reign! It is something of a special time, this year, as the Emperor will generously receive emissaries from the barbarian kingdoms in his divine presence according to tradition. No surprise, then, that barbarian ships from all corners of Under-Heaven crowd the harbor in Xiang Ping, bearing tribute to His Celestial Peace for the privilege.

None of them are as civilized as the the Emperor's subjects, of course, and there is need to keep the barbarians in line lest their misguided attempts to gain the favor of His Divine Wisdom. Already, there has been some excitement down in the docks, although this seems more to do with the local criminals at this point.

***

On our last episode of Jadeclaw, our intrepid party successfully ran down their targets in the busy docks of Xiang Ping. Brought in by the Countess Tú Bo-jué to help settle a feud between rival crime bosses who, it turned out, were the subject of an Imperial termination order to secret policeman Ting Guang. With the able assistance of Shizen and Kirara, he successfully tracked down and eliminated the fugitives after a thrilling rooftop chase, where Sword Dancer Kirara easily bested the beggers running interference for crime boss Gan Fan Su and a dramatic cannonade to force the remaining fugitive, Shen Fen Ling to surrender.

All did not quite go as smoothly as it might have, however - Kirara's sister, Aimomo has plans of her own and attempted to strike a deal with Fen Ling in exchange for safety. Unfortunately, Fen Ling committed suicide once escape became impossible, but Aimomo's machinations have revealed dirty dealings between the local emigre network and representatives of House Jakoba and Bisclavret.

She also has to deal with a mysterious guizi by the name of Samuel Spade who appears to have some kind of special access beyond the guizi district in Xiang Ping...

For the rest, however, it is a job well done as the party cleans up the mess at the docks which are now buzzing with curiosity as guizi and Zhonggese alike swarm to the quayside to see what all the fuss is about...

***
Reward Selection:-

Ting Guang:
- Insider; Jinyiwei
- Shadowing
- True Leader
- Militia Leader
- Fast Climber

Qian Shizen
- Knack: Inquiry
- Favor Bonus: Inquiry
- Team Player
- Clear Headed
- Sure Footed

Kirara
- Knack: Presence
- Favor Bonus: Presence
- Akimbo Fighter
- Quick-Draw
- Respectfully Decline With A Thousand Apologies

Aimomo
- Knack: Gossip
- Favor Bonus: Gossip
- Disguise
- Carousing
- Improved Ally: Insider: Jakoba Mission

SpiritFox

Feb 14, 2016, 10:04:12 AM2/14/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Tomorrow? 8pm at Dan't place?

Hong Joon Ng

Feb 14, 2016, 10:46:03 AM2/14/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
I can.

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 11:04 PM, SpiritFox <spirit...@gmail.com> wrote:
Tomorrow? 8pm at Dan't place?

Ban

Feb 14, 2016, 11:01:19 AM2/14/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Sure

Hong Joon Ng

Feb 15, 2016, 12:53:25 AM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Darren, Macx can't make it because of company's dinner tonight

Kumiko Yamazaki

Feb 15, 2016, 12:58:33 AM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm... Does that mean I can finally launch my plan to convert her room into a taco stand?
=============================

"She's so many women
He can't find the one who was his friend
He's hanging on to half her heart
He can't have the restless part
So he tells her to hasten down the wind"

- The Late Great, Warren Zevon.

Darren Loo

Feb 15, 2016, 1:08:27 AM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Mrr. Ok. Do we want to shift it to tomorrow?

Hong Joon Ng

Feb 15, 2016, 1:19:33 AM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Daniel and I are ok with tomorrow.

Kumiko Yamazaki

Feb 15, 2016, 1:24:39 AM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Should be fine.

Hong Joon Ng

Feb 15, 2016, 2:39:51 AM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Ok, Mr Meow's Tue night is fixed for Sacha's evil campaign :(

Just a head's up, next Mon I cannot attend as I need to send my dad's back to Sban.

Kumiko Yamazaki

Feb 15, 2016, 2:53:37 AM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Well...let me know when the next one is...

For now..I shall sing the praises of Papa Burf!

Poh Tun Kai

Feb 15, 2016, 3:01:00 AM2/15/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Sacha and Razz never posted anything about their evil campaign, I didn't even know it was on.

Razzman Khaliff

Feb 15, 2016, 3:05:07 AM2/15/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Yeah we're having Sacha's evil game this week.

Hong Joon Ng

Feb 15, 2016, 3:33:26 AM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Re next Mon, I am willing to try participating via Skype as an option. Re this week (if we're still trying to make it work), I'm fine with any day as I'm in PJ the whole week.

Darren Loo

Feb 15, 2016, 9:43:58 AM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Actually, from next week onwards, can we swap the day to Tuesday for the time being? Mondays right now is "6pm team meeting" day...

I'm nervous to suggest Wednesday because I'm uncertain of my schedule then, but we can try for that?

Hong Joon Ng

Feb 15, 2016, 10:27:44 AM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Tuesday is less preferred but if everyone else can make it, it'll do for me too.

Ban

Feb 15, 2016, 10:30:42 AM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
I'm fine with tuesday. But Isn't Tuesday Sacha's default evil campaign day?

Hong Joon Ng

Feb 15, 2016, 10:31:48 AM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
How about Thursday?

Darren Loo

Feb 15, 2016, 11:04:45 AM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
I'm a little worried about Thursdays because that's usually weekly report day in the office. Friday?

Hong Joon Ng

Feb 15, 2016, 11:11:04 AM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Friday is good for me.

Darren Loo

Feb 15, 2016, 11:12:23 AM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Not this Friday, I'm afraid - already have an appointment. But next Friday. This week tentatively Wednesday?

Hong Joon Ng

Feb 15, 2016, 11:32:13 AM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
I can do Wednesday.

Meow God

Feb 15, 2016, 10:31:19 PM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Sorry gents Tuesdays is da evil game.. I can only do Monday or Wednesday :(

Kumiko Yamazaki

Feb 15, 2016, 10:32:21 PM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Macx...any game you join in...automatically becomes an evil game by default!

Just confess!!!! >_<

Meow God

Feb 15, 2016, 10:33:48 PM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

That's because yer in it.. must make u all suffer!!!! Muahahahaha

Kumiko Yamazaki

Feb 15, 2016, 11:44:29 PM2/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
You cannot kill me Meow... If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!  Mwahahahahhahahah.

Kumiko Yamazaki

Feb 16, 2016, 2:15:32 AM2/16/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Can I check... is there a game on tonight? Wednesday? o.o Just checking.

Not sure of final outcome.

Darren Loo

Feb 16, 2016, 2:29:38 AM2/16/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Not tonight. Wed tentative right now, but I think I can make it

Kumiko Yamazaki

Feb 16, 2016, 2:37:21 AM2/16/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
ok. :)

Ban

Feb 16, 2016, 2:45:09 AM2/16/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Wednesday is fine with me.

Meow God

Feb 16, 2016, 2:55:15 AM2/16/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Kewl

Kumiko Yamazaki

Feb 16, 2016, 2:57:40 AM2/16/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Wednesday will be fine...  I can sleep in on Thursday morning a bit anyways... :)

Kumiko Yamazaki

Feb 16, 2016, 10:00:02 PM2/16/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Oh...just to let all know...

Sir Kai shall be picking me up... so will see you all tonight at Casa la Ban and Hong Joon! :)

Meow God

Feb 17, 2016, 3:09:42 AM2/17/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Dang it I forgot to bring my dice

Kumiko Yamazaki

Feb 23, 2016, 10:16:23 PM2/23/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hi all...

Ban...can I get a pick up tonight from KJ tonight? :)

Also....going to check with the Scarlet MeowMeow if he can taupau some dindin for me. XD

Douglas.

Ban

Feb 23, 2016, 10:25:45 PM2/23/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Sure thing Doug

Meow God

Mar 1, 2016, 6:22:42 AM3/1/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Big bad news. The boss changed my schedule n I can't get it swapped. I can't join u guys for anymore games cos I'm now working every evenings :(

Meow God

Mar 1, 2016, 6:35:08 AM3/1/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

False alarm... I got it sorted yay

Darren Loo

Mar 1, 2016, 6:36:35 AM3/1/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Weekends?

Hong Joon Ng

Mar 1, 2016, 7:49:57 AM3/1/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Okkkkk so confirmed Wednesday is still ok, right? Tomorrow's session is on?

Kumiko Yamazaki

Mar 1, 2016, 8:54:12 AM3/1/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
It'll be on... but the role of Macxell Lim will be played by Justin Beiber.

Hong Joon Ng

Mar 1, 2016, 8:59:45 AM3/1/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
And suddenly the song Love Yourself brings a whole new meaning...

Meow God

Mar 1, 2016, 12:00:43 PM3/1/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
i'm rewriting the lyrics to Touch yourself

Darren Loo

Mar 1, 2016, 12:02:23 PM3/1/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

So, yeah... see you all tmrw :)

SpiritFox

Mar 8, 2016, 11:38:39 AM3/8/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
This week: the hijinks continue as our intrepid heroes seek to return the city of Beiping to proper Imperial rule! As Aimomo recovers from her fantastic four-way, Kirara plans to put on a show while Ting Guang and Shizen consider their troubling encounter with a shapeshifting barbarian as they seek to crack the case of conspiring outsiders within the Realm's shadowy underworld.

See y'all later tonight!

Meow God

Mar 9, 2016, 12:53:00 AM3/9/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
heya guyz.. i cants attend tonight's game... stomach virus n fever

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 12:38 AM, SpiritFox <spirit...@gmail.com> wrote:
This week: the hijinks continue as our intrepid heroes seek to return the city of Beiping to proper Imperial rule! As Aimomo recovers from her fantastic four-way, Kirara plans to put on a show while Ting Guang and Shizen consider their troubling encounter with a shapeshifting barbarian as they seek to crack the case of conspiring outsiders within the Realm's shadowy underworld.

See y'all later tonight!

Darren Loo

Mar 9, 2016, 12:58:17 AM3/9/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
mrrr...ok. Team; go on or postpone? Aimomo might still be recovering from her "rough night". Or we can just postpone until next week.

Take care, Meow.

Hong Joon Ng

Mar 9, 2016, 12:59:55 AM3/9/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Oh gosh, hope you'll get well soon, Macx.

Darren, is tonight still on? Macx's character's pretty important currently imo.

Meow God

Mar 9, 2016, 1:03:10 AM3/9/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
just say after the fling i'm out of commission for a day or 2 lol
all the sister have to do is show up see the fighters fight n challenges them to evaluate them :D

Ban

Mar 9, 2016, 1:08:54 AM3/9/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
I think we should wait for Macx.  We're kind of depending on his character to do most of the work right now.

Hong Joon Ng

Mar 9, 2016, 1:09:49 AM3/9/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
We could go on, doing the evaluation of fighters bit and maybe putting on the show (Kirara's the only performer, right?) but I think having Aimomo around even during those times would be good. So I suggest postponement.

Kumiko Yamazaki

Mar 9, 2016, 1:13:50 AM3/9/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
I am ready to go...but  I agree with Hong Joon...Macx's character is fairly integral at the moment.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Hong Joon Ng <nghon...@gmail.com> wrote:

Kumiko Yamazaki

Mar 9, 2016, 1:14:22 AM3/9/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Thus it is u-mami-muss >.>

Darren Loo

Mar 9, 2016, 1:37:49 AM3/9/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hokay then. We'll wait for the who...courtesan.

Kumiko Yamazaki

Mar 9, 2016, 1:42:52 AM3/9/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
May she rest...in peace. :D

Poh Tun Kai

Mar 9, 2016, 8:54:49 PM3/9/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Hope Meow is well.

And resting in peace.

Meow God

Mar 15, 2016, 10:19:13 PM3/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Game tonight?

On 10 Mar 2016 09:54, "Poh Tun Kai" <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hope Meow is well.

And resting in peace.

Darren Loo

Mar 15, 2016, 10:19:47 PM3/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Uh...no? I thought you were laid up for two weeks?

Darren Loo

Mar 15, 2016, 10:25:32 PM3/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Ah, ok. Sorry. I don't think we'll have a game tonight as I did not bring my books n' stuff. If you guys are up to it, we can do a game on Monday next week

Meow God

Mar 15, 2016, 10:55:07 PM3/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Just making sure. . Next week we can game :)

Darren Loo

Mar 15, 2016, 10:59:03 PM3/15/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
So... Monday Night next week?

Meow God

Mar 16, 2016, 12:28:00 AM3/16/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Sure :)

Hong Joon Ng

Mar 16, 2016, 2:04:12 AM3/16/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Are we swapping back to Mon permanently or is this a one off?

Darren Loo

Mar 16, 2016, 2:07:34 AM3/16/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

One off for now. I'll let you know once I settle into my new job

Ban

Mar 20, 2016, 9:02:12 AM3/20/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Heads up, new smart phone is under repair. Will be using dumb phone tomorrow so don't use whatsapp to contact me!

Kumiko Yamazaki

Mar 20, 2016, 9:57:35 AM3/20/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Oh yeah..tomorrow is game right?

Ban

Mar 20, 2016, 11:30:39 AM3/20/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
yes, tomorrow night!

Kumiko Yamazaki

Mar 20, 2016, 9:56:06 PM3/20/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Can i beg/borrow/steal a ride to Casa de Ban?

DWL

Hong Joon Ng

Mar 20, 2016, 11:27:21 PM3/20/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Doug, is it from the usual spot opp KJ LRT station?

Kumiko Yamazaki

Mar 20, 2016, 11:30:14 PM3/20/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Yes....

I shall be the one wearing the Cinderella outfit.

Hong Joon Ng

Mar 20, 2016, 11:32:42 PM3/20/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Will be you bringing mice and pumpkin along? Daniel said he can get you. Please give him a ring when you're about to reach, as usual.

Kumiko Yamazaki

Mar 20, 2016, 11:46:41 PM3/20/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Don't be silly... if I had mice and pumpkins, I wouldn't need a ride, would I! :D

Anyways..thanks :D

Hong Joon Ng

Mar 20, 2016, 11:58:44 PM3/20/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Your version of mice and pumpkin transform after midnight :P

Meow God

Mar 21, 2016, 3:13:49 AM3/21/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
tranformed into macho macho men? making macho men sandwiches?

Kumiko Yamazaki

Mar 27, 2016, 5:14:04 AM3/27/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hi.. posting on behalf of the 'D' man.

Everyone good for tomorrow night? :3

Hong Joon Ng

Mar 27, 2016, 9:00:58 AM3/27/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I am.

Ban

Mar 27, 2016, 9:36:42 AM3/27/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
yes

Kumiko Yamazaki

Mar 27, 2016, 11:42:21 PM3/27/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Just confirmed with the Meow of Evil.

Can I book a ride from Kelana Jaya? :)

Ban

Mar 28, 2016, 3:01:50 AM3/28/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
yESSIREE, tell me when to drive over to pick you as usual

Kumiko Yamazaki

Mar 28, 2016, 3:10:06 AM3/28/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Cool....one last question...is anyone getting take out? *.*

Ban

Mar 28, 2016, 4:41:10 AM3/28/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Not me and Hj. We'll eat at the cafe as usual

Kumiko Yamazaki

Mar 28, 2016, 4:50:03 AM3/28/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Is that the one with the Yong Chow fried rice?

Darren Loo

Mar 28, 2016, 4:53:43 AM3/28/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Can I order potatoes and some boneless chicken of one sort or other? :p

Ban

Mar 28, 2016, 5:02:29 AM3/28/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
er, no to both questions. Only economy rice served. just downstairs from my apartment

Hong Joon Ng

Mar 28, 2016, 5:03:13 AM3/28/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
No, it's the one at the condo.

Kumiko Yamazaki

Mar 28, 2016, 5:04:30 AM3/28/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Ahh..understood...my apologies XD

SpiritFox

Apr 5, 2016, 9:07:25 AM4/5/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, no Doug tomorrow, so I'm postponing the game

Ban

Apr 5, 2016, 9:12:01 AM4/5/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Oh well. See you around next week!

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 9:07 PM, SpiritFox <spirit...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys, no Doug tomorrow, so I'm postponing the game

Kumiko Yamazaki

Apr 5, 2016, 11:00:24 AM4/5/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Sorry all...really not feeling well. :(

Hong Joon Ng

Apr 5, 2016, 11:47:41 AM4/5/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Get well soon!

Ban

Apr 5, 2016, 10:15:20 PM4/5/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
no worries Doug.

Meow God

Apr 6, 2016, 7:41:37 AM4/6/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Hahaha I'm in paradigm forgetting to check this lol

Hong Joon Ng

Apr 6, 2016, 10:27:01 AM4/6/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Aiyo, sorry, just read this. You could still drop by for a boardgame mah :)

Meow God

Apr 11, 2016, 2:02:11 AM4/11/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys I have to bow out on this week's game I have c to finish costume for weekend larp :(

Darren Loo

Apr 11, 2016, 2:29:21 AM4/11/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Ok guys, the liability is out of the way XD go at it.

Note: combat session ahead, but with likely investigative aspects. Your call on going in without the talker

Kumiko Yamazaki

Apr 11, 2016, 3:40:22 AM4/11/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
I dedicate these lyrics to my loving sister, Ai Momo.

I started as an alter boy, working at the church
Learning all my holy moves, doing some research
Which led me to a cash box, labeled "Children's Fund"
I'd leave the change, and tuck the bills inside my cummerbund

I got a part-time job at my father's carpet store
Laying tackless stripping, and housewives by the score
I loaded up their furniture, and took it to Spokane
And auctioned off every last naugahyde divan

I'm very well acquainted with the seven deadly sins
I keep a busy schedule trying to fit them in
I'm proud to be a glutton, and I don't have time for sloth
I'm greedy, and I'm angry, and I don't care who I cross

I'm Mr. Bad Example, intruder in the dirt
I like to have a good time, and I don't care who gets hurt
I'm Mr. Bad Example, take a look at me
I'll live to be a hundred, and go down in infamy

Hong Joon Ng

Apr 11, 2016, 11:03:42 PM4/11/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
I'm sick and secluding myself at home. I'm looking forward to the combat session but it's not possible for me to attend tomorrow's session in my current condition.

Darren Loo

Apr 12, 2016, 12:17:25 AM4/12/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Ok then, postponing until next week

Kumiko Yamazaki

Apr 12, 2016, 3:48:14 AM4/12/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Roger that...

Meow God

Apr 14, 2016, 12:11:05 AM4/14/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Get well soon hj... try not to stick needles on yourself too much.. yer not a porcupine. :)

It is loading more messages.