Bad Moon Rising - Swords of the Highlands Q4

SpiritFox

Oct 6, 2015, 9:35:55 AM10/6/15
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur

Twilight Orrin wants to scream.

She feels like pounding her fists into the acrid lunar dirt.

But she won’t. It solves nothing and frankly, it’s not her problem. But it’s Rain’s problem, which makes it her problem. She’ll just have to find a different way around this.

The wolf picks herself up from where she’s slid, face first in a last desperate lunge to seize Riken’s Phylactery from the Phase Spider. In hindsight, she should probably have tried luring the spider towards her instead of charging after it, but that’s really Rain and Callie’s thing. She’s just the finisher.

She snorts as she turns away from the fresh teleport trace that the Phase Spider has left behind and strolls thoughtfully towards the Metal Prophet.

The battle had been disjointed and confused. Leaping from the skiff, the shifter had slammed face first into the Rakshasa Abomination masquerading as the Metal Prophet, Eclipse’s mark burning through the feeble falsehood it had thrown up, Sister’s Sorrow disemboweling the monster and flinging it hard enough against the iron hull of the Prophet’s enclave as to leave a shattered crater against it.

Her part ended just about there, with Lukas and Nylis finishing off the creature as it swatted feebly at them.  Unfortunately, Diarmante and Iris had managed to get themselves caught by a phase spider in a distant portion of the sprawling collection of wrecks. They’d managed to extricate themselves from its webs, but the damned creature had escaped with the precious phylactery. Then, having fought off a second Rakshasa abomination, Twilight had attempted to snatch the Riken from the spider’s grasp.

She’d failed. And now Riken is beyond her reach.

No matter. She’ll just have to find another way to convince the Archmage of the Roadsingers’ innocence and Snack’s – and Rain’s – value as allies in the coming fight. In a way, this could work out in her favor; the loss simply means that she’ll be able to prove her value to her goblin allies the hard way.

There’s opportunity in every circumstance. Let us see what the Prophet has to say about this and plan our next move. Whatever it is, it seems unlikely that the elder powers are going to let their age pass without a fight.

***

Gentlemen, we are met with fortunate circumstances wherein we should all be available for the next couple of months. Shall I propose a session; next Wednesday, perhaps if we are all agreeable for an extended daytime session (since it's a public holiday), or Thursday night as per usual?

Eclipse - Resize.jpg

Ban

Oct 6, 2015, 10:41:08 AM10/6/15
to go...@googlegroups.com
I'll be fine with those times. I must confess, I've forgotten who Riken is @.@

Poh Tun Kai

Oct 7, 2015, 4:11:24 AM10/7/15
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
I'm good for Wednesday or Thursday, but let's see if Jonathan and Doug are free too.

Prince-General Rickon was a moon elf ghost currently stored in an orb - he's an ancestor of the current moonfey nobility (probably including Iris and Ashenheart). Whoops, he seems to have fallen into enemy hands.

Ban

Oct 7, 2015, 7:37:18 AM10/7/15
to go...@googlegroups.com
oh, HIM. I was wondering since when we had a lich Phylactery to worry about. I do remember him, but I was under the impression the phase spiders were wild encounters, not a trained attack beast of the enemy

Poh Tun Kai

Oct 8, 2015, 9:25:57 AM10/8/15
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Wednesday afternoon is not good for me. Thursday night is better.

Darren Loo

Oct 8, 2015, 10:17:37 AM10/8/15
to go...@googlegroups.com
I cannot guarantee Thursday night anymore but I'll make the effort.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 9:25 PM, Poh Tun Kai <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wednesday afternoon is not good for me. Thursday night is better.

Poh Tun Kai

Oct 10, 2015, 8:09:04 AM10/10/15
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
No, no Highlands next Thursday night, sorry.

Darren Loo

Oct 10, 2015, 9:39:53 AM10/10/15
to go...@googlegroups.com
Oh well. While we're waiting go Stop Vlad

http://www.stopvlad.com/

This has been a Twilight sponsored message.

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 8:09 PM, Poh Tun Kai <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
No, no Highlands next Thursday night, sorry.

Ban

Oct 10, 2015, 10:30:33 AM10/10/15
to go...@googlegroups.com
Aw, was looking forward to the higlands group meeting up

Darren Loo

Oct 10, 2015, 10:31:39 AM10/10/15
to go...@googlegroups.com

So was I. Are you available Sunday?

Poh Tun Kai

Oct 13, 2015, 4:12:40 AM10/13/15
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Tentatively yes. My place is even free on Sunday afternoon!

Poh Tun Kai

Oct 14, 2015, 7:38:32 AM10/14/15
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
I'll call Jonathan and check. If we can get four people that will be enough.

Poh Tun Kai

Oct 14, 2015, 10:00:06 AM10/14/15
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Doug's not available still, but we could get together for some other games on Sunday.

Darren Loo

Oct 14, 2015, 10:02:23 AM10/14/15
to go...@googlegroups.com

Eugene can't commit

On 14 Oct 2015 22:00, "Poh Tun Kai" <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Doug's not available still, but we could get together for some other games on Sunday.

Poh Tun Kai

Oct 14, 2015, 12:13:05 PM10/14/15
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Or...we can do Primeval Thule or something. Without Doug and Eugene, it could still be doable.

Poh Tun Kai

Oct 14, 2015, 12:23:26 PM10/14/15
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Wait, Sherman's in the painting contest on Sunday, so even Primeval Thule group will be largely absent.

Ban

Oct 14, 2015, 12:49:15 PM10/14/15
to go...@googlegroups.com
Sunday what time? I won't be available in the morning

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 12:23 AM, Poh Tun Kai <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wait, Sherman's in the painting contest on Sunday, so even Primeval Thule group will be largely absent.

Poh Tun Kai

Oct 14, 2015, 8:40:20 PM10/14/15
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Definitely 2pm, afternoon.

Ban

Oct 15, 2015, 1:03:26 AM10/15/15
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hrm. Sounds tricky. I'd better say I can't make it rather than keep folks waiting.

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 8:40 AM, Poh Tun Kai <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Definitely 2pm, afternoon.

Poh Tun Kai

Oct 15, 2015, 9:39:23 PM10/15/15
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Since this is a wash out, I'll be at Wira this Sunday.

Kumiko Yamazaki

Oct 15, 2015, 9:44:20 PM10/15/15
to go...@googlegroups.com
Living life on the wir-a, I see o.o.

:D

DWL

=============================

"She's so many women
He can't find the one who was his friend
He's hanging on to half her heart
He can't have the restless part
So he tells her to hasten down the wind"

- The Late Great, Warren Zevon.

Ban

Oct 16, 2015, 1:41:06 AM10/16/15
to go...@googlegroups.com
Sorry about that.

Darren Loo

Dec 28, 2015, 8:37:10 AM12/28/15
to go...@googlegroups.com
Alright everyone, so it's been a while - q1 is usually quite a quiet time for me, at least for January/February. Eugene is also off his most troublesome client and Doug is available. Shall we try for a session this week? I'm available tomorrow afternoon, the whole of Wednesday, Thursday afternoon, the whole of Friday and Saturday and Sunday afternoon.

Ban

Dec 28, 2015, 4:14:51 PM12/28/15
to go...@googlegroups.com
I should be okay.

Poh Tun Kai

Dec 29, 2015, 10:01:22 AM12/29/15
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Very busy week for me. Booked until MOnday.