Marvel Heroics TTPRPG April 2014 onwards

Tai Kwang

Apr 18, 2014, 9:29:23 AM4/18/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Creating a new forum for this...and will continue from the previous sessions..

So previously, on Marvel Heroics...

***
Good evening. This is Samonlina Chung, Daily 25 Evening News. For today’s highlights, the U.S. government has decided to work with the Chinese and the Russians to deal with the apparent undead threat in Guangdong, China. Colonel James Rhodes, aka the Iron Patriot, is taking charge of coordinating the chosen teams to deal with the scenario.

In London, members of the Braddock Academy and several noted superheores of the country are on high alert in response to the recent abduction of some of their known superheroes, such as Captain Britain and Pete Wisdom. So far, no further comments were made in regrads to the recent situation.

In the outskirts of Southern California Washington and New York, several Sentinels have appeared and are attacking nearby groups of mutants. S.H.I.E.L.D. has denied any knowledge in regards to these incidents, and suspected tie-ins with the recent incapitation of the new line of Avengers by the Brotherhood of Mutants.
Also in New York, near the Hudson Valley, a few Frost Giants have appeared to have tried to invade Earth, though this was swiftly thwarted by who are believed to be members of the X-Men and a Spiderman, what it appears to be in a different outfit. S.H.I.E.L.D is currently investigating this matter.
…..

Kelvin Ganesan

Apr 23, 2014, 10:40:39 PM4/23/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
So I am guessing that the game this Friday is on then? I just want to confirm my attendance and also to let Suresh know. Might be hard to play without our Spiderman there.

Regards,
Kelvin Ganesan

Razzman Khaliff

Apr 23, 2014, 11:31:47 PM4/23/14
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Suresh, I remember him saying that he won't be back in KL for another 2 weeks.

Kelvin Ganesan

Apr 23, 2014, 11:43:06 PM4/23/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Ah ok. Anyway, just to let him know. Since most of our discussion that day was after your game.

Regards,
Kelvin Ganesan

Tai Kwang

Apr 24, 2014, 6:23:24 AM4/24/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
sorry guys, i wont be around tomorrow, something came out with the family..so...perhaps alex can continue with his pathfinder RPg without me..will continue in the next instead

From, Kwang TL

Razzman Khaliff

May 1, 2014, 12:49:14 PM5/1/14
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
hey so this week's marvel game is on? We will still come, if Kwang can't make I will bring my VTM books just in case.

Kelvin Ganesan

May 1, 2014, 9:19:44 PM5/1/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Yeah. That is the plan.

Regards,
Kelvin Ganesan

Tai Kwang

May 2, 2014, 12:03:21 AM5/2/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
am good today, so who's coming?

Kelvin Ganesan

May 2, 2014, 1:01:04 AM5/2/14
to go...@googlegroups.com

So far Razz, Alex and me.

Razzman Khaliff

May 2, 2014, 3:48:17 AM5/2/14
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Alex just had to duck out. Parents visiting.

Tai Kwang

May 3, 2014, 4:47:58 AM5/3/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
lol...anywho..

need kevin and razz to update and send their current datafile for me to keep. Can you post them here?

Kelvin Ganesan

May 6, 2014, 9:58:27 PM5/6/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
You mean our character sheets? You want us to scan it or do we just type in the necessary stuff?

Regards,
Kelvin Ganesan

Tai Kwang

May 7, 2014, 3:43:40 PM5/7/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
type is fine

Kelvin Ganesan

May 7, 2014, 9:12:34 PM5/7/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Alright, will do it by this weekend.

Regards,
Kelvin Ganesan

Kelvin Ganesan

May 7, 2014, 9:12:57 PM5/7/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Also, you will need Alex's as well.

Regards,
Kelvin Ganesan

Razzman Khaliff

Jul 7, 2014, 12:06:20 PM7/7/14
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Alright Kwang I've tried changing your setting in the mailing list, why don't you see if you can post on this thread. By all reckoning nothing was changed and you should have been able to post all this while but try and see if you can post stuff now.

Kelvin Ganesan

Jul 7, 2014, 9:41:23 PM7/7/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Odd, I doubt any of the settings changed. He did start this thread so it should be ok. But anyway, Kwang, if you still can't post, just SMS me or Razzman and we will add your personal email address here so you can post.

In the alternative, get a gmail account :P

Regards,
Kelvin Ganesan

Ivan Tam

Jul 7, 2014, 9:44:07 PM7/7/14
to GOKL Mailing List
Could be the Yahoo account shunting all mailing lists into the Spam folder...

Razzman Khaliff

Jul 7, 2014, 9:53:28 PM7/7/14
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Well I checked his account on the googlegroups and he does have posting permission like any other member but just to make sure I ticked the Override: Member is allowed to post option.

Tai Kwang

Jul 10, 2014, 3:16:20 AM7/10/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hmm..
Odd...
anyways...I'll stick the using your replies to reply to the forums :P

Razzman Khaliff

Jul 10, 2014, 3:29:54 AM7/10/14
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Ah I'm glad it works now.

Tai Kwang

Jul 11, 2014, 12:13:40 AM7/11/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Great...testing again...sorry for the post delay..

"We apologise for the technical delay to broadcast the recent news, due to unforseen circumstances"

Good evening. This is Samonlina Chung, Daily 25 Evening News. For today’s highlights, a few days ago, there was yet another prison break in the newly built Spider Island. However, the situation was quickly contained in the available SHIELD security. A few noted escapees that are still pursuit of are The Green Goblin aka Norman Osborn and Cletus Kassidy aka Carnage.
Not far from the prison site, it would appear that Spiderman has jumped into and disappeared with one of the recently appearing portals of Frost Giants. Will we see Spiderman again, we’ll never know.

In other news, London and France, member of the Braadock academy are still on the search for their fellow superheroes. Their current spokesman, Meggan, has commented that these attacks may have been of supernatural in nature and are still looking into it.

Meanwhile, in response to the recent attack on the New Avengers, SHILED director Maria Hill,has formed a task force to hunt down the Brotherhood of Mutants as soon as possible. We have recently obtained information from an unnamed source has indicated that SHIELD stock markets are plummeting due to the spendings to the recent attacks during the past few weeks and that several members of the UN has refused to subsidies SHIELD’s recent expenditures to up to US$  trillion. The SHIELD director has made no comment at this moment.

****
Yesterday morning, in response to the recent events involving the disappearances of Spirderman and the escaped super villain, Green Goblin and Carnage, Mayor Jonah Jameson has declared the approval and deployment of the Spider Slayers robots, which are developed and are recently announced by the Alchemax Corporation, in an attempt pursue the two escapees.

The recently established Jean Grey's School of Higher Education has vanished from its premises. Eyewitnesses have seen a an explosion coming from inside the school just before the school dissapeared along with its staffs and students. The local police have so far determined that the Broterhhood of Mutants might the prime suspect, given their recent attacks on the New Avengers and their ongoing history with the X-Men. SHIELD and police representatives did not make any further comments.

At a restaurant near the Yankee Stadium, The Bronx, there has been reports of a shootout by what eyewitnesses claimed to be several anti-mutant factions. so far, there is an estimate of 5 killed and 3 injured from the incident.

Razzman Khaliff

Jul 21, 2014, 2:15:44 AM7/21/14
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Hey Kwang this campaign has ended right? With all that happened last game?

Kelvin Ganesan

Jul 21, 2014, 2:21:08 AM7/21/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Oh yeah, I heard about it. Damn... Razzman you bad... Anyway, we will play Alex's PF game this Friday and we can discuss whether you want to continue the Marvel game or start a new one.

Regards,
Kelvin Ganesan

Razzman Khaliff

Jul 21, 2014, 3:29:46 AM7/21/14
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Consider it a preview of the things I would do in a VTM game. :)

Kelvin Ganesan

Jul 21, 2014, 3:58:39 AM7/21/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Well, you do seem to be giving into the beast even before anything has started.

Regards,
Kelvin Ganesan

Kelvin Ganesan

Jul 21, 2014, 9:35:13 PM7/21/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Ok... I have a problem. I will not be having transport this Friday as my girlfriend will be taking the car. I thought I could go with Alex but he has informed us that he will not be able to attend the game this Friday. So erm... unless Razz you willing to give me a ride from office to the game and back, I do not think I can make it for the game.

Unless Andrew is still on here and he is willing to give me the bus route to the game. But I would still need a ride home after so....

Regards,
Kelvin Ganesan

Razzman Khaliff

Jul 22, 2014, 12:33:50 AM7/22/14
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
I do not mind picking you and sending you back only problem is what are we gonna play?

Kelvin Ganesan

Jul 22, 2014, 2:22:03 AM7/22/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Oh shit... yeah... We will need Kwang to post here if he can. Whether he wants to run a game. Sure you don't want to run a Pathfinder game? Or another VTM?

Damn... perhaps the suggestion to try a new system is not too bad. So at least at any 1 time we have 3 different systems to play with.

Regards,
Kelvin Ganesan

Razzman Khaliff

Jul 22, 2014, 2:39:38 AM7/22/14
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
I'm actually willing to run VTM again or Pathfinder for that matter, my players for that Tuesday game have decided to take a whole different narrative than what I intended previously so I can run that original plan with you guys. The only problem is agreeing whether I should run either of these because we have an overlap in both these games. And also we awaiting feedback from the other players.

Kelvin Ganesan

Jul 22, 2014, 3:00:33 AM7/22/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Ok. Will message Tai and see. Since he is not replying here. I honestly do not mind playing either game as I am always willing to make new characters.

Regards,
Kelvin Ganesan

Tai Kwang

Jul 23, 2014, 3:21:36 AM7/23/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Em..excuse me? what did i missed? Do recall on what happened in the previous session,

Kelvin Ganesan

Jul 23, 2014, 3:23:41 AM7/23/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Apparently, Razz informed us that you ended the campaign due to his rather evil actions. Is this true? Cause Alex, is not able to attend the sessions this Friday. So we were wondering on what we should do as he was supposed to run his PF game.

Regards,
Kelvin Ganesan

Tai Kwang

Jul 23, 2014, 3:23:49 AM7/23/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
sigh...
Did I mentioned about ending it yet? I dont think so...Though I have been busy with my job recently..And no, I wont be around this Friday.

Tai Kwang

Jul 23, 2014, 3:25:18 AM7/23/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
The story arc's still going on...

Razzman Khaliff

Jul 23, 2014, 3:49:29 AM7/23/14
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Well I heard you say "Unfortunately, I'm going to have to end the campaign here" when you ended the session. Maybe you misspoke.

Kelvin Ganesan

Jul 23, 2014, 4:11:50 AM7/23/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Maybe he meant end the session. Not the whole campaign. But guess no game this week then. Since will only be the 2 of us. The next one will be my VTM campaign on 08.08.2014 as most won't be around next Friday, 01.08.2014. I will post on my Vampire thread when the time comes.

On the bright side, we can continue with the Marvel campaign so we do not need to worry about what game to play then.

Regards,
Kelvin Ganesan

Razzman Khaliff

Jul 23, 2014, 6:33:15 AM7/23/14
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Yeah but I swear I heard he said campaign. Oh well nevermind, I dunno how we are gonna string Amon into the story now that we've joined the Brotherhood.

Razzman Khaliff

Jul 23, 2014, 7:50:07 AM7/23/14
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Okay so Alex is out and Kwang is out, so I guess no game? Since it's only the 2 of us?

Kelvin Ganesan

Jul 23, 2014, 10:37:53 AM7/23/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Yeah. Guess we will have our next game on 8th August.

Regards,
Kelvin Ganesan

Tai Kwang

Jul 24, 2014, 9:54:45 AM7/24/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
That was due to the timing. and when I mean session, I mean for the day..not he whole campaign

Tai Kwang

Jul 24, 2014, 9:55:01 AM7/24/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Mind your English

Kelvin Ganesan

Jul 31, 2014, 3:04:04 AM7/31/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Alright. Cool. Now I get to hunt down the rogue mutant that has gone bad and give him a big serving of Justice and Freedom!

Regards,
Kelvin Ganesan

Razzman Khaliff

Jul 31, 2014, 3:13:10 AM7/31/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
What? Me? I'm not the enemy. I stand for mutants everywhere, man. I'm on the side that espouses justice and freedom... For Mutantkind everywhere! Join us! Become a bro! In the Brotherhood of mutants! It's between us and them, man. They want us gone and we should fight back. C'mon join us, brother...

Kelvin Ganesan

Jul 31, 2014, 3:15:40 AM7/31/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Join you!? Never! You have stained your hands with the blood of innocence! How can you claim to stand for justice and freedom when you so blatantly take the lives of others for your cause. Those people had wives, husbands, children, mothers and fathers. Shame on you...

Wait a minute. Does my character even know all this seeing as it just happened last session? Where was I? I am assuming the usual, "You're not there, you're getting drunk" routine.

Regards,
Kelvin Ganesan

Razzman Khaliff

Jul 31, 2014, 3:24:43 AM7/31/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
What? Me? I'm not the enemy. I stand for mutants everywhere, man. I'm on the side that espouses justice and freedom... For Mutantkind everywhere! Join us! Become a bro! In the Brotherhood of mutants! It's between us and them, man. They want us gone and we should fight back. C'mon join us!

Tai Kwang

Jul 31, 2014, 4:20:24 AM7/31/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
So..for tomorrow...whose campaign is it?

Tai Kwang

Jul 31, 2014, 4:22:57 AM7/31/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
By the way, think I left my sachet of dice at my friend's house. Wanna play boardgames instead?

Razzman Khaliff

Jul 31, 2014, 4:23:40 AM7/31/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
No, you are wrong. They were not innocent, they were part of the purifiers, human scum determined to wipe mutantkind out. They have long persecuted mutants and it's time we responded in kind. We are afterall the superior species and we must take our place at the top. The humans... They don't understand, they only see us as a threat. Come, join us brother take your place among us and exact your revenge upon the mutant hating humans.

Although... Actually Amon wasn't there for this whole thing. He was on some SHIELD mission the whole time. What with the school disappearing from existence and our flimsy plan to infiltrate the brotherhood to find out where Logan went, ended with us joining the Brotherhood in earnest. Oh what fun...

Razzman Khaliff

Jul 31, 2014, 4:25:16 AM7/31/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
I should be back by tomorrow. I'm heading back to KL tonight so should be available for gaming.

Razzman Khaliff

Jul 31, 2014, 4:27:55 AM7/31/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Also are we watching Guardians of the Galaxy?

Alex Ng

Jul 31, 2014, 4:53:05 AM7/31/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
When and where do you guys play Marvels?

Yours sincerely,

ALEX NG WERN PING

CPA AUSTRALIA, Certified Financial Planner
Licensed Financial Advisor

Blueprint Planning International Sdn Bhd

Blueprint Planning Sdn Bhd

CMSL/A0254/2009

T  :  03-5512 5845

F  :  03-5510 5845

M : 012-3795970

E: ale...@bpplanning.com.my / ngwer...@gmail.com

Website :  www.bpplanning.com.my

DISCLAIMER :

Any general advice in this email does not take account of your personal objectives, financial situation and needs.  Read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement before acquiring any product mentioned in this email. This email is confidential and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, rely, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify me by “Reply” command and permanently delete the original and any copies or printouts thereof . If you do not want to receive any more emails from us please let us know by return email.

This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain information that is confidential and is subject to legal privilege. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of Blueprint Planning.
 Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Blueprint Planning Sdn Bhd or its subsidiaries or affiliates either jointly or severally, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

Kelvin Ganesan

Jul 31, 2014, 5:01:31 AM7/31/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I thought we had no game tomorrow. Already made plans to head back to Seremban tomorrow. Traffic should be good. For a change. Next week I will be running my game so the following week will be this game.

Guardians of the Galaxy I thought we should wait for Alex since he will definitely would want to watch it as well. So I was thinking next week. We can go earlier or after the game.

Regards,
Kelvin Ganesan

Razzman Khaliff

Jul 31, 2014, 6:56:29 AM7/31/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Alright, affirmative. Next week then.

Tai Kwang

Jul 31, 2014, 7:18:18 AM7/31/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Right...that's a relief...waiting for me friend to help find my satchet

Tai Kwang

Aug 14, 2014, 8:58:48 AM8/14/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, haven't found my dice, but the session will still continue tomorrow. Are you guys okay?

Still figuring things out.

******************************

Good evening. This is Samonlina Chung, Daily 25 Evening News. For today’s highlights, groups of mutant support group have set up a strike in front of Westchester’s Jean Grey’s School of Higher Education demanding for answers over its disappearance. Several parents of the their mutant children have expressed their dissatisfaction over the slow response from SHIELD investigations and have accused them of being biased. Currently SHIELD representatives have yet to provide any comments over the matter.
Meanwhile, several public attacks occurred at several locations around Westchester which was suspected to be coordinated by known anti-mutant group the Purifiers. The body count of the target mutant civilians are yet to be confirmed, though a few SHIELD agents have apprehended some of them. SHIELD has commented on looking into thei matter.
This morning, reports of several buildings in the Bronx area have been burnt down. Eye-witnesses have stated the presence of mutants within the area during the attacks. The number of deceased are yet to be confirmed but sources have confirmed anti-mutant weaponry within these areas. Currently, the authorities have yet commented on the possibility of an escalated war involving mutants.

Omnitricks

Aug 15, 2014, 6:26:50 AM8/15/14
to go...@googlegroups.com, nycro...@yahoo.com
So its marvel today yes? I'll bring my new character then but I forget, Mutants get two power sets right?

Tai Kwang

Aug 22, 2014, 5:36:23 AM8/22/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Reminder, Marvel session is today...

So far, the current player rosters:

Kelvin as Amon, the firebending mutant working for SHIELD; partially anti-social.
Razzman as ChillZone, a ice wielding mutant, whose loyalties to the Xmen and Brotherhood is still in question.
Alex as a Binder, an arcanist who conjures 3 imps of specific professions, with one still kidnapped; currently mistaken as a fellow mutant.

Alex Liew

Sep 23, 2014, 4:10:35 AM9/23/14
to go...@googlegroups.com, nycro...@yahoo.com
Will be moving house this weekend, so I'll be busy packing on Friday night.

Razzman Khaliff

Sep 23, 2014, 4:17:50 AM9/23/14
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
So just me and Kelv? Maybe Suresh?

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 4:10 PM, Alex Liew <liew.we...@gmail.com> wrote:
Will be moving house this weekend, so I'll be busy packing on Friday night.

Kumiko Yamazaki

Sep 23, 2014, 4:27:08 AM9/23/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
That's two GOKL members moving house at the same time. :D

Heheh.

DWL

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 4:10 PM, Alex Liew <liew.we...@gmail.com> wrote:
Will be moving house this weekend, so I'll be busy packing on Friday night.

"She's so many women
He can't find the one who was his friend
He's hanging on to half her heart
He can't have the restless part
So he tells her to hasten down the wind"

- The Late Great, Warren Zevon.

Kelvin Ganesan

Sep 23, 2014, 5:44:39 AM9/23/14