13th Age games

Poh Tun Kai

Feb 18, 2016, 11:45:35 PM2/18/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Okay, I do love a good fantasy yarn, so I'm thinking of running 13th Age. But before I recruit online, I wanted to check how everyone's availability is for a couple of 13th Age of the Highlands games. Weeknights, say on Thursday night in Cheras. The idea would be for Eugene to take part in the wrap-up for the current Red Master story on the moon, so that we can shuffle the character into retirement and decide where we're going next with Highlands.

What say the Highland players?

Ban

Feb 18, 2016, 11:52:06 PM2/18/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
I'm fine

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 12:45 PM, Poh Tun Kai <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Okay, I do love a good fantasy yarn, so I'm thinking of running 13th Age. But before I recruit online, I wanted to check how everyone's availability is for a couple of 13th Age of the Highlands games. Weeknights, say on Thursday night in Cheras. The idea would be for Eugene to take part in the wrap-up for the current Red Master story on the moon, so that we can shuffle the character into retirement and decide where we're going next with Highlands.

What say the Highland players?

Darren Loo

Feb 20, 2016, 5:24:54 AM2/20/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun. Anywhere, anytime 'cept weekday working hours and Sun evenings

Kumiko Yamazaki

Feb 20, 2016, 12:31:18 PM2/20/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hmm...depends on the day chosen.

I am committed for the Jade claw one..but I think that will be Wednesday right, Darren?
=============================

"She's so many women
He can't find the one who was his friend
He's hanging on to half her heart
He can't have the restless part
So he tells her to hasten down the wind"

- The Late Great, Warren Zevon.

Shift244

Feb 21, 2016, 9:52:31 PM2/21/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
On work front, any weekday nights or weekend should be OK after this weekend - with exceptions some exceptions.
Happy news: My wife is expecting end Mar, my actual availability is in the next 2-3 months may be a little difficult (I have no idea how much time it may, or may not, take to manage).

That said, instead of planing against the unknown, we can commit to a day suitable for Doug. After a quick discussion, we think we can manage a few hours a week leave for me. We can go for that and see how it works out. If manageable Liz may be able to stay longer.

Darren Loo

Feb 21, 2016, 10:33:44 PM2/21/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

First kids... very difficult :p also keep eye on Yeen for postpartum depression. Have ye been to parenting classes? XD

Poh Tun Kai

Feb 21, 2016, 11:17:18 PM2/21/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for letting us know, Eugene. Ok, so what is the official Jadeclaw day?

Darren Loo

Feb 21, 2016, 11:35:46 PM2/21/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Wednesday right now because Mon is difficult for me and Macx can't do any other day except Wed and Mon

On 22 Feb 2016 12:17, "Poh Tun Kai" <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for letting us know, Eugene. Ok, so what is the official Jadeclaw day?

Poh Tun Kai

Feb 22, 2016, 4:05:27 AM2/22/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Perhaps a couple of Thursday games, then? At least that will be enough to strike at the Red Master and get that out of the way.

Kumiko Yamazaki

Feb 22, 2016, 4:10:37 AM2/22/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
I can do a couple of Thursday's.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 5:05 PM, Poh Tun Kai <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Perhaps a couple of Thursday games, then? At least that will be enough to strike at the Red Master and get that out of the way.

Poh Tun Kai

Feb 23, 2016, 10:14:18 AM2/23/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Confirming Thursday game then? Barring emergencies?

Darren Loo

Feb 23, 2016, 11:04:32 AM2/23/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

This Thurs at Eugene's?

On 23 Feb 2016 23:14, "Poh Tun Kai" <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Confirming Thursday game then? Barring emergencies?

Poh Tun Kai

Feb 23, 2016, 11:18:01 AM2/23/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
My mistake... Eugene said after this weekend, right?

Darren Loo

Feb 23, 2016, 11:36:38 AM2/23/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Ja. After this weekend

On 24 Feb 2016 00:18, "Poh Tun Kai" <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
My mistake... Eugene said after this weekend, right?

Ban

Feb 23, 2016, 11:51:09 AM2/23/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
3rd of March right? I'm okay

Shift244

Feb 23, 2016, 10:35:26 PM2/23/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Gotta check at nights instead of mornings.
Mar 3 is fine. My place is open, but Darren's or Doug's is fine too.

Shift244

Feb 23, 2016, 10:48:23 PM2/23/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Alright!! Looks like my work is done! Previous plan/thought I'd be busy until end of week, but it seems last weekend's effort paid off.
I still have to travel this Sun - Tue next week, but I'm now open this Thursday.. If we're up to it.

Kumiko Yamazaki

Feb 23, 2016, 11:11:48 PM2/23/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hmm...

I kinda booked something this morning for tomorrow night.... o.o

Shift244

Feb 24, 2016, 2:52:35 AM2/24/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Ok. It was a very recent and last minute update on my side. Things just clicked.

Razzman Khaliff

Feb 28, 2016, 7:21:29 AM2/28/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
I know you guys aren't gonna recruit new ppl just yet but just to let you guys know I'm interested in playing this campaign when you guys have openings.

Poh Tun Kai

Feb 28, 2016, 10:23:06 AM2/28/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the interest! We're going to clear up some loose plot ends first. Lemme ask the others about taking more team members though. Also, anyone heard from Jonathan?

Darren Loo

Feb 28, 2016, 10:39:21 AM2/28/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
No... we can try FB-ing him.

Ban

Feb 28, 2016, 10:52:46 PM2/28/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Just called, Jonathan is coming and I'm bringing him. Kai, I pick you up as well? What time?

Kumiko Yamazaki

Feb 28, 2016, 10:57:24 PM2/28/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Could someone aid with my transport... I shall sing thee songs of tanks...er thanks!

Darren Loo

Feb 28, 2016, 11:20:46 PM2/28/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Pickup from Miharja as before?

Kumiko Yamazaki

Feb 28, 2016, 11:23:15 PM2/28/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Boleh

Ban

Feb 29, 2016, 12:39:15 AM2/29/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
oh, Eugene's place right?

Kumiko Yamazaki

Feb 29, 2016, 3:19:07 AM2/29/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Just triple confirming..it's Thursday right?

Darren Loo

Feb 29, 2016, 3:46:27 AM2/29/16
to go...@googlegroups.com

Ja. At Eugene's place.

Kumiko Yamazaki

Feb 29, 2016, 3:46:58 AM2/29/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
I'll come dressed as Red Sonya

Poh Tun Kai

Feb 29, 2016, 11:39:52 AM2/29/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Eugene's place. Daniel, I'll call you about transport soon.

Shift244

Mar 2, 2016, 5:44:43 PM3/2/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, sorry, but I gotta cancel on tonight. Emergency.

Poh Tun Kai

Mar 2, 2016, 8:33:30 PM3/2/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Okay. Call it off...

Darren Loo

Mar 2, 2016, 8:52:53 PM3/2/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
I understand the kid couldn't wait.

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Poh Tun Kai <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Okay. Call it off...

Kumiko Yamazaki

Mar 2, 2016, 9:17:09 PM3/2/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Congrats to the happy couple then. :)

Poh Tun Kai

Mar 2, 2016, 10:40:38 PM3/2/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Wow, hope the family is all fine then. All the best to them.

Ban

Mar 3, 2016, 2:21:53 AM3/3/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
ooooh, is the child here?

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 11:40 AM, Poh Tun Kai <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wow, hope the family is all fine then. All the best to them.

Poh Tun Kai

Mar 7, 2016, 7:15:10 AM3/7/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Who's interested in continuing this without Eugene? I'm not really feeling like it right now...

Ban

Mar 8, 2016, 12:59:46 AM3/8/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hey Kai, if you don't feel like running it it's okay. Most of us have games on so we're getting our RPG fix for now

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 8:15 PM, Poh Tun Kai <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Who's interested in continuing this without Eugene? I'm not really feeling like it right now...

Darren Loo

Mar 8, 2016, 2:10:37 AM3/8/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Yepyep. I think we're safe to keep this on hold at least until the end of the month while Eugene settles in with the kid.

Shift244

Mar 8, 2016, 11:41:08 PM3/8/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Sorry guys. Like Darren says the kid cannot wait.
It was a shock to both of us too as the entire scene started late night on the day I returned from my trip.
In any case, just to update that all is well, generally. I'll be unavailable this week, and possibly the next as well. Will update as things settle down.

Poh Tun Kai

Sep 4, 2016, 9:47:42 AM9/4/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Hi everyone,

I know folks are still generally split apart and unable to join in, and it looks that way in the near future as well.

But for those of us who can still get together (Doug, Darren), do you want to try putting together a 13th Age party on Sundays going forward? Starting, say, 18 Sept? Please note that I won't be around 25 Sept though.

Who else would we like to try inviting?

Ban

Sep 4, 2016, 1:38:49 PM9/4/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hey, I should be available on 18th Sept. I could try and give our pirate librarian a poke when I get back too.

Poh Tun Kai

Sep 4, 2016, 11:24:57 PM9/4/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Sounds good.

Kumiko Yamazaki

Sep 4, 2016, 11:30:02 PM9/4/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure I can commit to regular Sundays atm sadly...

Though I think I could do every second one,but that's not really fair to the rest of you.  Also..I am running Doctor Who rpg  one Sunday out of every month..so that already removes one Sunday :(

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Poh Tun Kai <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sounds good.

Kumiko Yamazaki

Sep 4, 2016, 11:42:06 PM9/4/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
With that said...I should be able to do 18th... What is the venue?

Darren Loo

Sep 7, 2016, 6:07:47 AM9/7/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
18th is good for me I think. Let me check with Eugene. If he isn't at his in-laws, maybe we can make it at his house so he doesn't have to leave the sprout alone.

Ban

Sep 7, 2016, 7:24:45 AM9/7/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Cannot seem to get jonathan. Jonathan, if you're reading this please reply to the thread

Darren Loo

Sep 7, 2016, 9:05:44 PM9/7/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Eugene is good for 18th at either his place, my place or Doug's place

Ban

Sep 8, 2016, 12:53:27 AM9/8/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Yays!

Poh Tun Kai

Sep 8, 2016, 4:21:05 AM9/8/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
yays.

On Thursday, 8 September 2016 12:53:27 UTC+8, Dan Ban wrote:
Yays!

Poh Tun Kai

Sep 13, 2016, 10:41:55 AM9/13/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
May I suggest Darren's place as a happy medium?

Ban

Sep 13, 2016, 11:04:53 AM9/13/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
I'm okay with that. Kai, wanna car pool? Been awhile since I've been there haha

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 10:41 PM, Poh Tun Kai <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
May I suggest Darren's place as a happy medium?

Darren Loo

Sep 13, 2016, 10:35:34 PM9/13/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Will let Eugene know. Haven't seen Jon...

Poh Tun Kai

Sep 16, 2016, 4:32:14 AM9/16/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Would you guys be okay with gaming at Doug's place instead? Doug says it's available and I think it would be easier for him. Daniel, I can car pool with you. 2pm game on Sunday.

If not, the old plan applies - Darren's place.

Ban

Sep 16, 2016, 9:32:12 AM9/16/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
I'm fine with this arrangement

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Poh Tun Kai <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Would you guys be okay with gaming at Doug's place instead? Doug says it's available and I think it would be easier for him. Daniel, I can car pool with you. 2pm game on Sunday.

If not, the old plan applies - Darren's place.

Darren Loo

Sep 16, 2016, 8:44:04 PM9/16/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Ok

SpiritFox

Sep 17, 2016, 8:47:24 AM9/17/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Jonathan says he's probably available. Kai or Dan can give him a

SpiritFox

Sep 17, 2016, 9:03:54 AM9/17/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Give Jon a call tomorrow - he's in bed early from a messed up body clock...

Shift244

Sep 19, 2016, 6:07:17 AM9/19/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Nylislaele pulls her sword out of the lich to slap away another attempt of his ghastly cold touch. Too slow. Again. Ice sear through her nervous system in an instant, as her heart slows to a stop. "Not like this", she thought, "...but no matter". she had kept him locked down and unable to harm anyone else long enough.
She takes a step back, smirks weakly and holds a silly grin on her bloodied face. "No more spells you today, Sir Feline Rear Award!"
Her blurry form takes on a solid outline and glowing arcane tattoos wink out. Her normally pale complexion is visibly whiter than usual. As her layers of spells dissipate, her weapon shrinks into a rather rude gesture on her hand before vanishing in a wisp of frost.
A quick intake of breath through her greenish black lips, and her bloodshot eyes roll up - she falls over on her side. She catches blurry glimpse of Iris running towards her, fumbling on her backpack, before everything fades to darkness...

Darren Loo

Sep 19, 2016, 11:35:17 AM9/19/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Three things I'd like to ask/comment on:

1. I vote that it should now be King Diamante The White, Savior of Dragonkind, Lord of the Frozen Halls, Master of the Dune Seas, Chosen of Lemma.

2. Given Twilight's arc, can I use my background "In The Shadow of the Moon" to pull off acts of minor divinity (like getting a moonflower to grow out of my palm)? This background was intended to reflect Twilight's earlier travels across the moon, shadowfell and lunar underdark and her connection to Eclipse. I think it'd be a fair reflection of her development since she'd probably be experimenting with the whole "bleeding moonflowers" thing since she found out about it back at the Archmage's citadel. Nothing serious mechanics-wise, but in a character-relevant fashion (to impress someone or tap some lunar artifact or such)

3. With regards to items, her nonmagical inventory include a homemade locket to house Sehanine's last gift to her and a studded leather breastplate she's worn since she started out from Orrin Village right at the start of the original Highlands. Maybe one or the other could have acquired true magical properties? 'course she could just be given something else to use...

Poh Tun Kai

Sep 19, 2016, 10:22:38 PM9/19/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Hey Darren,

Yeah, that sounds fine for all of the three. :)

Kumiko Yamazaki

Sep 19, 2016, 11:16:57 PM9/19/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
For my incremental advance, I've decided to take a new feat.  I hope you'll approve it Kai. :)

Absolutely Fabulous Death

If you die, you will do it absolutely fabulously.  Your hair will look perfect, your clothes will look elegant and stylish and everyone will talk for months about how awesome it looked when you finally cacked it in the most rad way possible - even your enemies (who will from that point forward refer to you as 'The Dude'!   A movie will be made about your death and you'll be played by Sean Bean - even if you're a woman.

Furthermore, Dragonborn's are unable to take credit for your death if you have this feat.  People will just say 'yeah right' even if they saw him actually kill you.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Poh Tun Kai <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Darren,

Yeah,  that sounds fine for all of the three.  :)

Shift244

Sep 20, 2016, 2:01:33 AM9/20/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
The last bit of the feat makes it epic.