Way of the Wicked

Sacha Dijkshoorn

Jan 14, 2016, 11:21:01 PM1/14/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

Last week we had our first session, and this is the report. A reminder to my players, the game is on coming Tuesday (19 Jan).

So without further ado:

Way of the Wicked - Session Report 1: Escape!
-------------------
In the ideal world of Talingarde, where the light of Mitra shines brightly and the populace is happy and content, a dark stain was discovered. Fortunately, the inquisitors of Mitra and thorough and quickly rubbed it out. The four lone survivors of their raids were brought to Brandescar prison to face justice.

Indeed, it had not been a good week for the four prisoners:
 - Victor Karhold (as played by Razzman) had been caught spreading the faith of Asmodeus and was to be beheaded.
 - Phoenix Swordheart (as played by Khi-Jon) had been arrested for High Treason, his punishment was to be drawn and quartered.
 - Dario'oso (as played by Meow) was sentenced for witchcraft and would also be beheaded.
 - Degn (as played by Rong Tau) was (set up by his comrades and subsequently) caught for stealing a divine relic, and was to spend the rest of his days in the Saltmines.

The four were brought to a dark and dank cell in the middle of the infamous Brandescar prison, to be bound in shackles, to be branded as forsaken, and to await their executions.

Not long after introducing themselves, Victor received a mysterious visitor, a woman with lips of ice, introducing herself as Tiadora, "his lover". The guards, obviously under some sort of charm spell, left them alone. Tiadora offered a way out: Victor and his cellmates were to escape and to regroup at a mansion at the Old Moor road, outside town. Confused as to why, Victor reluctantly accepted her proposal and was given the veil the woman was wearing, which he managed to smuggle back to the cell.

In the cell the part discovered that the veil was in fact a magical object which contained many useful tools for escaping: Rope, a portable window, thieves tools and more. Degn, skilled with locks and the like, managed to unlock the Victor and Phoenix without noise, but dropped the tools when he tried to unlock Dario'oso's chains. Victor and Phoenix jumped and overpowered the guards when they came to investigate the noise.

Releasing a fellow prisoner, a half-ogre, as a distraction, they made their way down to the kitchens and took the side door out of the keep. Now trapped inside the walls of Brandescar prison, with alarms going off everywhere, they made their way to the warden's tower (stopping by the toilet on the way), hoping to gain access to the walls that way.

There they ran into Matthias Richter, the warden of the prison. They fought briefly, but Richter managed to charm Victor into his service. As a reaction, Dario'oso managed (by roll of 2) to charm the Warden, creating a sort of stalemate. The warden then, after being assured the prisoners would go back to their cells afterwards, wanted to show Dario'oso his book collection using Victor to carry the heavy tomes.

There Phoenix and Degn jumped the warden, but Victor came to his defense and thrust down his sword onto Phoenix, rendering him dying.Then the party overpowered Richter and fortunately he had curative potions on him.

Just as the party relaxed and seemed out of danger for a moment, the door downstairs was knocked down. Now, trapped in the wardens tower (which in fact had no doors onto the walls, the party is trapped, with nowhere to go.

How will they survive? Find out next time on the Way of the Wicked!

Razzman Khaliff

Jan 14, 2016, 11:25:58 PM1/14/16
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Hey Sacha I think I wanna tweak my character abit after much SWTOR-ing I think I want my pally to be a dual wield guy instead. So need to like change some feats and maybe my dex score.

Sacha Dijkshoorn

Jan 14, 2016, 11:34:56 PM1/14/16
to go...@googlegroups.com
no problem, we are still early into the game, let me know what you want to change.