One month to go!

Stephanie Booth

Aug 13, 2008, 12:06:28 PM8/13/08
to going-s...@googlegroups.com
Whee, only one month to go, and Going Solo Leeds will be here! Before
I head off for a few days in the mountains to clear my head before the
final rush, here's a little news from Going Solo.

Individual Sponsorships
--------------------------------

Corporate sponsorship sales are now underway (I'm discovering that
sales isn't all that dreadful once you get into it), and after it was
asked for, I'm happy to announce that we're also providing
opportunities for individuals to sponsor the Going Solo Conference.

Of course, the packages and pricing have been adapted :-)

From <http://leeds08.going-solo.net/sponsors/how-to/#individual>:

Whether you're feeling generous and want to support the event, or want
a way to put your personal brand forward in the context of an event
attended by dynamic web-enabled freelancers, our individual
sponsorships are there for you (£100, £200 or £500).

* Name (+link to personal website) on Going Solo site
* Personal slide in the "Thank You" slideshow presented at the event
* Opportunity to provide business cards in attendee package (for
£200 and £500 options)

As an individual sponsor, you may also request discount codes or a
free pass (for the £500 option). Ask for details!

You can read more about the offering and philosophy behind them in
these two articles:

- <http://going-solo.net/2008/08/11/individual-sponsorships/>
- <http://going-solo.net/2008/08/13/paypal-buttons-for-individual-sponsorships-and-housekeeping/>

To kick things off, Going Solo is offering a £200 worth individual
sponsorship to the 7th person who replies to this newsletter (just hit
reply and write something nice; the replies go to me only, no worry).
It'll be fun to hear from you, too!

Early Bird Over
---------------------

The Early Bird phase is now over. People registering now will pay the
£220 standard fee until roughly 10 days before the conference, when
the "Late Bird" price will kick in. Don't wait until then!
<http://leeds08.going-solo.net/registration/>

If you haven't yet started telling your world about Going Solo, now's
the time to do so.

- if you have a blog, write about it
<http://going-solo.net/2008/07/17/six-things-to-make-blogging-about-going-solo-leeds-easier/>
- if you're in the Leeds area, ask me for some MOO cards or put up
some posters <http://leeds08.going-solo.net/promote/#posters>
- if you would like an affiliate code or a discount for your community
(we're into media partnerships, yeah we are)
<http://leeds08.going-solo.net/promote/#affiliate>
- if you know companies who should sponsor, tell them about us and
point them to <http://leeds08.going-solo.net/sponsors/how-to/>
- if you are nothing of all this... take a few minutes to forward this
newsletter to some of your freelancing friends (or those who might
know them!) and point them to <http://leeds08.going-solo.net> and the
video presenting the conference
<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8270350768335569204>

Programme and Speakers
-----------------------------------

Our speakers have booked their flights and we will shortly be
discussing a few tweaks to the programme. Keep an eye on
<http://leeds08.going-solo.net/programme> and head over to watch the
videos of our speakers at work if you haven't yet done so:
<http://dailymotion.com/GoingSolo>.

Thanks to everybody for your ongoing support. At times I feel I'm
drowning under the amount of work Going Solo represents, but knowing
there is a community out there which gets value out of the event keeps
me afloat. See you in Leeds!

Stephanie

--
Sept 12th: http://leeds08.going-solo.net | newsletter: