Welcome, Posters, Find us online and other stuff

1 view

Stephanie Booth

May 4, 2008, 9:55:05 AM5/4/08
to going-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,

first of all, thanks for accepting the invitation to sign up for this newsletter, or simply choosing to sign up. E-mail still has good days in front of it -- as I like to say, a little bit of "push" (when it's between consenting parties) is a good thing. For one, I know that when I'm busy Twitter and Google Reader tend to drop off my radar, but my e-mail doesn't.

That said, I promise not to swamp you. Expect an e-mail every few days right now as the event is in less than two weeks, and something less frequent later on (things will not stop on 16th May, I can assure you; some of you already have a hint of what's coming up, and it's pretty exciting).

So, here's the news.

Registration:
-----------------

Registration will close at the end of this week, so if you're planning on coming or know people who are, it's the last moment. There are still rooms at Hotel Aulac next to the venue. More than one person signing up at the same time get a discount. If you live in the Lausanne area and can host an attendee, please let me know.

<http://going-solo.net/registration>
<http://aulac.ch>
<http://going-solo.net/2008/04/07/bring-a-friend-discount/>

Posters:
-----------

We have posters (PDF) available on the website. You can download them and print them. We really need the communities help for getting them up on walls, whether in Lausanne or elsewhere. Thanks in advance.

<http://going-solo.net/2008/05/03/more-cutting-edge-promotion-tools-posters/> (links to the posters are at the bottom of the post)

Online communities:
---------------------------

If, like me, you have the impression Going Solo is spread all over the place online, here's a post which summarizes where you can find communities centered around the event online (Facebook, Twitter, Upcoming...)

<http://going-solo.net/2008/05/04/going-solo-all-over-the-place/>

Speaker interviews:
--------------------------

Our main speakers have been interviewed by Alex Bellinger for SmallBizPod. It's a 30-minute audio podcast worth listening to.

<http://www.smallbizpod.co.uk/2008/04/30/smallbizpod-67-going-solo-freelance-perspectives/>
<http://www.smallbizpod.co.uk/podcasts/Sbp67.mp3> (direct audio link)

Sponsors and partners:
-------------------------------

We're starting to have a nice line-up of sponsors and partners, and have started introducing them on the blog. Though it's really last-minute now, we still do have some sponsorship opportunities open. Check out our sponsors or additional information about sponsorships:

<http://going-solo.net/sponsors/>

Media:
---------

We have a certain number of media passes available. Send request to st...@going-solo.net. We will shortly have a press release / press pack about Going Solo (better late than never), so if you know any journalists or publications you might be able to get it through to, please get in touch. Direct contacts are way more efficient than e-mailing generic addresses blindly, and we would like a little bit of "traditional media" coverage, of course ;-)

That's all folks! Thanks for your attention and have a nice sunny (I hope) Sunday!

Steph
--
May 16th: http://going-solo.net
geotag: Lausanne, Switzerland (GMT+1)