Agenda, evening programme, registration stays open, press, sponsors and videos

Stephanie Booth

May 10, 2008, 7:02:22 AM5/10/08
to going-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody!

See, you haven't been swamped with Going Solo newsletters this week.
Here's the second! (If you missed the first, you can can view it
online here: <http://groups.google.com/group/going-solo-news/browse_frm/thread/6ddd4ecd6c72dbb2>.)
In this newsletter: agenda and evening events, registration stays
open, press, sponsors and videos.

Enjoy!

Agenda
----------

The agenda for the day is set! here it is:

8:00 Registration | coffee, tea, orange juice and some croissants
9:00 Stephanie Booth: Introduction
9:30 Laura Fitton: You Only Get What You Give (Marketing and taking
care of one's social capital)
10:15 Break
10:50 Dennis Howlett: The Joys of Tax and Finance
11:20 Panel moderated by Suw Charman: Setting Rates and Negotiating with
Clients (Martin Roell, Stowe Boyd)
12:30 Lunch
14:30 Suw Charman: When Passion Becomes Profession (Balancing Work and Life)
15:20 Martin Roell: Self-Organisation for Effectiveness: Tools and
Methods to Get Things Done
16:00 Break
16:30 Panel moderated by Stephanie Booth: Solo in a Networked World (Laura
Fitton, Linda Broughton, Stephanie Troeth)
17:20 Stowe Boyd: From The Far Side To The Dark Side: A Crash Course In
Business Realities For Soloists
18:00 end of Going Solo Conference

Check online for minor updates and extra information about speakers
and sessions.

<http://going-solo.net/programme>
<http://going-solo.net/programme/speakers>
<http://going-solo.net/programme/sessions>

Evening programme
---------------------------

We're happy to announce that there will be an informal gathering the
evening before the conference. All are welcome! See you from 7pm
onwards on Thursday night, at the Darling pub in central Lausanne
(Place St-François).

The official evening party will take place at l'Atlantic -- previously
a cinema, now a bar and event hall with live music on Friday evening.
As this is a public place, you're welcome to join us too.

We will have reserved areas in both places. Check the blog post below
for more information.

<http://going-solo.net/2008/05/09/going-solo-off-programme-is-on/>

Registration
----------------

We're lucky to have friendly and flexible hosts at the Hotel
Albatros-Navigation, which are allowing us to keep registrations open.
Yay! That means that last-minute deciders still get to come and join
us on the 16th. Don't wait too much though, or you won't get a pretty
printed badge ;-)

<http://going-solo.net/2008/05/10/registration-remains-open/>

Press
-------

Press packages in English and French are available. They contain a
presentation of Going Solo and speaker biographies and photos. You may
download them online on the Press page. We still have some media
passes. Thanks for helping us make Going Solo as visible as possible!

<http://going-solo.net/press/>
<http://gsolo.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/press-pack-en-09-05-2008.pdf>
<http://gsolo.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/going-solo-dpfr-05-05-2008.pdf>

Sponsors
-------------

Have you had a look at our sponsor page recently? We're happy that so
many great companies wanted to be involved with Going Solo:
Expectnation, Taxi-pub.ch, MOO, Salon Mémoire Vive, SmallBizPod,
Dopplr, FreshBooks, The Next Web, DailyMotion -- you'll find out more
of them and what they're bringing to Going Solo by following the links
on the sponsors page.

<http://going-solo.net/sponsors>

Videos
---------

We have bandwidth, we have staff, and we have our very own Official
User page on DailyMotion! All the sessions will be recorded and put
online almost in real time. So, even if you can't make it to Going
Solo... you can benefit from it! It won't replace being there, of
course -- people on stage and people on screens don't exactly compare.

<http://going-solo.net/2008/05/09/videos-online-with-dailymotion-and-taxi-pub/>
<http://dailymotion.com/GoingSolo>

That's it for today, folks! I'm heading for the lake to get some extra
footage for Going Solo ;-)

Cheers

Stephanie
--