Going Solo Lausanne: a big success, and more!

1 view

Stephanie Booth

May 27, 2008, 11:10:24 AM5/27/08
to going-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody!

Ideally, I would have sent out this newsletter to you ten days ago,
just after Going Solo. Let's say I got a bit delayed, not least by the
fact I wanted to write you a "proper" newsletter ;-)

Key news, you'll have understood, is that Going Solo Lausanne went
really well. Both participants and staff/speakers have expressed how
delighted they were with the event. The day ran smoothly (there were a
few scares for me in the days preceding the conference, but I shall
not dwell on them here.

<http://going-solo.net/2008/05/17/going-solo-lausanne-was-a-hit/>

Videos
----------

You can find the main videos already online at
<http://dailymotion.com/GoingSolo>. Thanks to DailyMotion and
Sébastien of Taxi-Pub.ch for their work on this!

Charbax, videoblogger, made interviews of many of the people present
at Going Solo: <http://techvideoblog.com/category/going-solo/>.

<http://dailymotion.com/GoingSolo>
<http://techvideoblog.com/category/going-solo/>

Coverage
--------------

As usual, all the posts and articles I find are saved under
<http://del.icio.us/steph/goingsolo+coverage>. If you want direct
links to some detailed live-blogging during the event, this post will
provide you with them:

<http://going-solo.net/2008/05/23/after-going-solo-lausanne/>.

Discussion list
---------------------

This newsletter is a one-way communication channel. Given the really
great atmosphere during Going Solo and the interactions between people
present, we thought it would be a shame not to extend the "spirit" of
Going Solo online in a more formal way. A discussion list has been
created where freelancers can share stories and ask each other advice.
It already has over 40 members.

<http://going-solo.net/2008/05/23/going-solo-together/>
<http://groups.google.com/group/going-solo-together/>

Coworking in Lausanne
embryonic blog to try and gather people interested in coworking in the
Léman area (in French).

<http://blog.coworking.info/>
<http://groups.google.com/group/coworking-leman>
<http://coworking-leman.net/>

Discussion around pricing panel

The panel on pricing strategies (moderated by Suw Charman-Anderson,
with Stowe Boyd, Martin Roell, and Dennis Howlett) was particularly
interesting in the different points of view it brought forward. The
discussion has continued online. Feel free to chime in.

<http://www.accmanpro.com/2008/05/23/pontificating-about-pricing-and-negotiation/>
<http://www.verasage.com/index.php/community/comments/dont_watch_this_it_will_make_you_mad/>

The Future
----------------

Going Solo is preparing to go on tour. Roughly the same crew, roughly
the same programme, same spirit and enthusiasm, but different place.
It seems very likely that the next destination will be Leeds (UK),
early September. Other possible future locations include Toronto, NYC,
Paris, Amsterdam... If you want Going Solo to take place in your city,
get in touch!

The next Going Far event will be announced in the coming month.

Thanks for your interest in Going Solo and for staying in touch. Talk
to you soon!

Stephanie Booth

--
May 16th: http://going-solo.net | newsletter: