GogTasks slowing Outlook 2013 startup

Mahesh

Jun 9, 2015, 4:31:44 AM6/9/15
to gogt...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way to speed up the startup of Outlook 2013 with GogTasks set to load when Outlook starts? Sometimes I have had to wait a whole minute and more, and Outlook says its mostly GogTasks' fault!

Cheers,

Mahesh
2015-06-09 09_24_19-Disabled Add-ins.png

Nilsen Labs

Jun 16, 2015, 2:48:32 PM6/16/15
to GogTasks
Hi,

The reason it takes some time to load GogTasks is not because of GogTasks itself, but initialization of the foundation of which it builds on - the .NET Framework. Usually this takes 2-5 seconds. I have never heard or seen any cases where it can take a whole minute so that makes we wonder what the problem is.

Can you try to open GogTasks from the command line and see how long it takes there? Start a command line by clicking Win+R, "cmd.exe", type:

cd c:\program files (x86)\gogtasks
gogtasks -f

You should se the GogTasks settings screen show up within seconds - or does it take minutes here as well?

How fast a computer do you have by the way? What CPU you do you have and how many GB of RAM?

Kind Regards,
Frode Nilsen
Nilsen Labs

--
Du har mottatt denne meldingen fordi du abonnerer på Google-gruppen «GogTasks».
Hvis du vil avslutte abonnementet på denne gruppen og slutte å motta e-post fra den, kan du sende en e-post til gogtasks+u...@googlegroups.com.

Mahesh

Jun 18, 2015, 11:55:26 AM6/18/15
to gogt...@googlegroups.com, nilse...@gmail.com
Thanks a lot for your response. Just loading GogTasks from the command line didn't take long - may be 5 seconds at most. It seems the problem was with Outlook trying to load too many add-ons at startup, but still not clear why it singled out GogTasks as the one making it slow. Anyway, I have removed most of the unnecessary add-ons but have forced Outlook to always enable GogTasks to load at startup. It seems fine now, starting up in a few seconds

smile.png

My computer has an Intel i7 CPU with 8GB RAM, so I'm pretty sure its not to blame.

Cheers,

m.

Nilsen Labs

Jun 19, 2015, 10:07:55 AM6/19/15