Tasks completed in Outlook are not deleted/completed in Google

philipp....@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2017, 10:30:20 AM11/9/17
to GogTasks

Hi,
I'm running GogTasks in Category mode, Folder mode doesn't work because my account doesn't allow to create folders appearently.

I am syncing only Outlook > Google and was expecting that tasks which are marked as done in Outlook would appear as completed (or deleted) at Google after synchonising, but they just stay there. The result is that completed tasks disappear from the list of pending tasks in Outlook, but they still appear on Google. I tried deleting the tasks completely in Outlook (instead of just marking them as done) and same result, they just stay in Google.

Also, when I change the date of a task in Outlook and then run a sync, it is not updated in Google.

Is there anything I can do to sync the completion status of tasks from Outlook to Google or to automatically delete completed tasks from the Google list?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Philipp

Nilsen Labs

Nov 14, 2017, 10:25:01 AM11/14/17
to GogTasks
Hi Phillipp, sorry for late answer.

GogTasks is certainly supposed to synchronize both completions (check mark), deletions and date. I'm suspecting there is something wrong with your configuration somehow. Could you please follow the instructions in the Performing a controlled test run guide and report back what you experience? In particular, I advice you to use the interface at http://mail.google.com/tasks/canvas to monitor the synchronization result.

What does the synchronization progress view in Outlook/GogTasks show for each task? Does the deletion process list as a "DELETE" action with progress "OK" when done?

Kind Regards,
Frode Nilsen
Nilsen Labs

--
Du har mottatt denne meldingen fordi du abonnerer på Google-gruppen «GogTasks».

philipp....@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2017, 11:52:25 AM11/29/17
to GogTasks
Hi Nilsen,

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately, I can´t perform all the steps mentioned in the instructions for the controlled test ride because, as I mentioned, folder mode does not work for me:

Do you know how folder mode could be activated?

In category mode, the first test synchronisation seems fine, tasks are created in Google:

Afterwards, when completing one task in Outlook, GogTask does appearently not detect that its status has changed, therefore it does not dissapear from the Google tasks:

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Philipp
Hvis du vil avslutte abonnementet på denne gruppen og slutte å motta e-post fra den, kan du sende en e-post til gogtasks+u...@googlegroups.com.
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2
Auto Generated Inline Image 3
Auto Generated Inline Image 4

Nilsen Labs

Dec 1, 2017, 3:18:25 AM12/1/17
to GogTasks
Ah, sorry for overlooking the part about folder mode in the first mail.

I think activating folder mode is solvable. You need to create a local file store. Please check out these instructions later, but first we should tackle the lack of update sync.

What should happen is this:

Innebygd bilde 2

I need you to give me some more data to investigate - you can do that by activating "Debug mode" before synchronizing. So please follow these steps in detail

1. Enter GogTasks settings
2. Put the cursor in the "License key" field

Innebygd bilde 1

3. Click Ctrl+Alt+D. A debug window should open:

'Innebygd bilde 3

3. Close the settings window, but not the Debug output
4. Change a task (check, uncheck or change a date)
5. Synchronize and wait for the actions to complete
6. Copy-paste everything from the debug window into a mail back to me . (Ctrl+A selects everything in that window)

Note: The debug windows might contain list names and the 5 first letters of task titles. If this contains any sensitive data you may want to sensor before sending.

Sorry for the hassle, but I really don't know why GogTasks isn't picking up on the changes. Changing to Folder mode would probably not solve this issue so I need the log to dig into this.

Kind regards,
Frode Nilsen