Account won't allow folder creation

Michelle Spaul

Apr 1, 2018, 9:43:53 AM4/1/18
to GogTasks
Hello

I have successfully authenticated my account, but get the message Account won't allow folder creation. Please select a different one.

When I click browse all my gmail accounts say the same thing.

How do I enable folder creation?

Nilsen Labs

Apr 5, 2018, 1:24:56 PM4/5/18
to GogTasks
Hi you must create a local (non-google) account for storing the folders. See this guide for complete instructions.

Kind Regards,
Frode Nilsen
Nilsen Labs

--
Du har mottatt denne meldingen fordi du abonnerer på Google-gruppen «GogTasks».

Michelle Spaul

Apr 5, 2018, 1:49:36 PM4/5/18
to GogTasks
Hello Nilsen

Thank you for your help. I created the folder and set my preferences for two way sync.

when I ran the sync old tasks in Google Tasks appeared in Outlook, but the tasks in Outlook did not appear in Google. What do I need to do next?

Many thanks

Michelle

On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 6:24:56 PM UTC+1, Nilsen Labs wrote:
Hi you must create a local (non-google) account for storing the folders. See this guide for complete instructions.

Kind Regards,
Frode Nilsen
Nilsen Labs

Hello

I have successfully authenticated my account, but get the message Account won't allow folder creation. Please select a different one.

When I click browse all my gmail accounts say the same thing.

How do I enable folder creation?

--
Du har mottatt denne meldingen fordi du abonnerer på Google-gruppen «GogTasks».
Hvis du vil avslutte abonnementet på denne gruppen og slutte å motta e-post fra den, kan du sende en e-post til gogtasks+u...@googlegroups.com.

Nilsen Labs

Apr 5, 2018, 2:07:32 PM4/5/18
to GogTasks
Hi, did you check all the lists at Google? I advice you to use the Google Tasks Console when testing synchronization. Click through the lists in the left column. And, needless to say, make sure you are logged in with the same account you set up GogTasks to synchronize with.

The Google Tasks Console:

If they still don't show up, please follow the steps in this guide to the point and tell me where it fails

Kind Regards,
Frode Nilsen
Nilsen Labs

Michelle Spaul

Apr 6, 2018, 6:38:03 AM4/6/18
to GogTasks
Hi Nilsen

No lists are created in Google.

I followed the guide and I think it fell over at step three.

Step one set up test folder and tasks, worked as in image

Step two change settings, I think I got this right, see image

Step three synchronise
While this reported success (see image), it briefly showed that gogtasks was reporting no folder and no task. I did it a few times to be sure

Step four - as you will expect, showed no new list or tasks in the google task canvas

Many thanks

Michelle

Nilsen Labs

Apr 9, 2018, 11:08:56 AM4/9/18
to GogTasks
I think the folder in Outlook might have been constructed under the wrong store - that it's connected to one of the accounts that GogTasks can't access.

When creating a folder in outlook for tasks you want to synchronize with Google, make sure you use a local data file, often with the name "Outlook Data File" as where to place the folder. Illustrating in the two images below:

Can you retry with that when creating the folder "test" in Outlook?

Sorry for the complexity here - in short it's just how Outlook is although I see I might improve some on the feedback from GogTasks here.

Kind Regards,
Frode Nilsen
Nilsen Labs

Michelle Spaul

Apr 10, 2018, 6:07:06 AM4/10/18
to GogTasks
Hi

I had deleted the previous test folder and task, so I created a new one as you can see from the screen shot

Still no syncronisation in Google Task Canvas

When I opened Outlook this morning, I noticed that the folder 'Michelle's list' had been created - I assume by gogtasks. After synchronising the .pst it disappeared. I put a test task in the google instance and resynced, it still did not synchronise

No problem about the complexity, I know you are connecting two things that don't like to talk. I appreciate your help.

Have you seen GO contact sync mod? It synchronises contacts and appointments.

Michelle