Gogtask compatible with Outlook 2016

mbro...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2018, 4:00:10 AM8/14/18
to GogTasks
Installed but cannot seem to get Gogtask to show up within Outlook 2016. Did the cmd prompt test and the app menu pops up so it is working, but Gogtask does not show up as an add-in or disabled item. All window updates are current, running Windows 10. Has anyone used it in Outlook 2016? How/what did you do to get it to work?!?!

Frode Nilsen

Aug 15, 2018, 4:15:25 AM8/15/18
to GogTasks
Hi, developer of GogTasks here. It is indeed tested successfully on Outlook 2016

Did you run SETUP.EXE from the installer and not just GOGTASKS.MSI? You might be missing some prerequisites? (Initial chapter of this article, which I suspect you have read)

Meg Brock Morris

Aug 15, 2018, 11:22:57 AM8/15/18
to gogt...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I uninstalled and reinstalled to make sure I did indeed start it from the exe file. I'm worried something is buried in registry and messing this up. I also reinstalled Outlook. Outlook is not showing any add-ins or disabled add-ins, so it is as if it does not exist.

--
Du har mottatt denne meldingen fordi du abonnerer på Google-gruppen «GogTasks».

Frode Nilsen

Aug 15, 2018, 2:26:26 PM8/15/18
to GogTasks
I think I've seen a similar occurance earlier, but it's literally years ago. Here's a couple of things you could try / verify:

1. Check that you have all the files needed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\GogTasks" .List of files here: link
2. Check that the version of GogTasks2010.dll is 6.3.7 på right clicking on it ,selecting "properties" then Details
3. Open REGEDIT.EXE, navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\GogTasks". Check that the values are as below.

(Standard)="3"
"Manifest"="C:\Program Files (x86)\GogTasks\GogTasks2010.vsto|vstolocal"
"FriendlyName"="GogTasks"
"Description"="Google Tasks synchronization service"
"LoadBehavior"= 0x00000003

Finally you're saying "Outlook doesn't show any addin" -does that mean any addin? What does this screen show, if anything? Any active addins? Any inactive?