Problem connecting through proxy

Dino Isaac Rodríguez Cortés

Apr 23, 2014, 3:32:20 PM4/23/14
to gogt...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Nilsen.

A two weeks ago, my enterprise installed a Proxy server (Zentyal) to access internet. I have to "authorize" with login/password. I do not use "Domain" for anything. The internet access works right with Google and other pages like www.gogtasks.com.

However I config in Gogtasks/Connection tab, the application shows "The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required"

I have:
- Windows 7, 64 bits, updated
- Office 2013
- Gogtasks v6.2.5.0

and the following configuration in the connection tab:
- Manual settings (checked)
- Port: 3128
- Authentication required (checked)

Username: dino.rodriguez
Password: ***********
Domain:

The Domain field is empty, however I've tried with tisa.com.co and TISA and works equal.

Do you have an idea to workaround?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Dino Rodríguez

Nilsen Labs

Apr 24, 2014, 1:14:39 AM4/24/14
to GogTasks
Hi. Unfortunately this is a known error in GogTasks. Am I right that this happens when you click "Login", but after you have entered credentials and clicked "accept" on the Google authorization web page?

I will make an new effort to fix this error during this week, as I see Google finally have fixed the underlying issue which has been in their system since 2011.

The workaround for you may be to take your laptop (if it is a laptop) outside of the firewall for the login process, and then it will also work behind the proxy for a while (30 days or so) with the authentication token then stored in GogTasks.

Kind Regards,
Frode Nilsen
Nilsen Labs

--
Du har mottatt denne meldingen fordi du abonnerer på Google-gruppen «GogTasks».
Hvis du vil avslutte abonnementet på denne gruppen og slutte å motta e-post fra den, kan du sende en e-post til gogtasks+u...@googlegroups.com.

Alex S

Oct 6, 2014, 11:58:54 AM10/6/14
to gogt...@googlegroups.com, nilse...@gmail.com
Hi,

Any updates to the software yet?
I am still having proxy issues through my corporate firewall.

Thanks
Alex

Frode Nilsen

Oct 8, 2014, 2:43:48 PM10/8/14
to gogt...@googlegroups.com, nilse...@gmail.com
I am looking into this now.

Just one question: Did I ask you to try the following? If not, please try:

Go to GogTasks settings > Advanced, Check checbox "Use alternative authentication mechanism". Retry login.

Also just to be clear .- you are not able to use the "Login" function, right? In the credentials tab, it sais "Require authorization" under "Authentication state"?

Nilsen Labs

Oct 8, 2014, 3:01:27 PM10/8/14
to GogTasks
Actually after looking into it, the "Use alternative authentication mechanism" is really supposed to work. Testing here, it did in fact go through my local proxy which I set up.

I have not been able to test with  username and password though, so there's a slight chance that it might be a problem, but I have of course programmed it to pass the credentials from the form.

Alex S

Oct 13, 2014, 9:05:28 PM10/13/14
to gogt...@googlegroups.com
My Login works.. the software authenticates.

I am not able to sync any google tasks when inside the corporate firewall.
I have tried IE proxy and then a manual proxy value.   It always timesout when fetching.
If I try from outside firewall it works fine.