Fwd: Divestment from fossil fuels and weapons manufacturing

Denis Kalthofer

Feb 8, 2022, 10:10:10 AM2/8/22
to 350ma-mystic-...@googlegroups.com, gogreen...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

We have been having a conversation about divestment from fossil fuels and arms manufacturers (the military being the largest user of fossil fuels and other pollution, etc).
Please see the links below, as well as the wonderful work that Patty is doing for divestment from fossil fuels.

1. From institute for policy studies on climate and militarism: https://ips-dc.org/climate-militarism-primer/

3. From Brown University study on Jobs created by military vs civilian sectors: https://www.brown.edu/news/2017-05-25/jobscow

4. From Political Economy Research Institute: https://peri.umass.edu/economists/robert-pollin

5. From City of Burlington Vermont's resolution where they divested from arms manufacturers: https://go.boarddocs.com/vt/burlingtonvt/Board.nsf/files/C4QNXV621C18/$file/RESOLUTION%20DIVESTMENT%20FROM%20WEAPONS%20MANUFACTURERS.pdf

Thanks,
Denis