Re: [goestools-users] Abridged summary of goestools-users@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 1 topic

Carl Reinemann

Sep 15, 2022, 9:52:21 AM9/15/22
to goestoo...@googlegroups.com
A few days late, but here WAS the information:
The 15 unique radar files transmitted by EMWIN every 15 minutes were re-assigned to a slightly different URL by the NWS Radar Group.  To accommodate the transition, redirects were put in place to allow users to click on the old URL and download of the radar files from the new sight.
The WebCrawl service employed by the EMWIN software was not following the redirects, so the URLs in the software had to be updated. And as you all noticed the fix was successful.

On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 1:54 AM <goestoo...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Jay Embee <news...@gmail.com>: Sep 14 05:59AM -0700

Hello all!

Am I the only one not receiving regional radar images for the last several
days?

I checked the ZIP file that shows what NOAA is uplinking to the satellite
and they aren't in there ...more
Jay Embee <news...@gmail.com>: Sep 14 06:00AM -0700

I forgot to include that I'm monitoring GOES16.

On Wednesday, September 14, 2022 at 8:59:43 AM UTC-4 Jay Embee wrote:

...more
Lee Rosser <lross...@gmail.com>: Sep 14 08:22AM -0500

I've noticed it missing also. Started a few days ago.

Lee

...more
Lee Rosser <lross...@gmail.com>: Sep 14 09:14AM -0500

Seems to be back up now. I'm receiving regional radars again

Lee

...more
Jay Embee <news...@gmail.com>: Sep 14 12:21PM -0700

Yup, noticed it come back here as well. Thanks for your response, Lee! I
thought I was doing something wrong.
--Jay

On Wednesday, September 14, 2022 at 10:14:15 AM UTC-4 lross...@gmail.com ...more