How to check if processes are started without error?

Maciej Małecki

Jul 6, 2014, 4:04:05 PM7/6/14
to god...@googlegroups.com
I mean a situation when for example some process have a syntax error and starting it by god fails. God tries to bring it up again and again, but it can't because of that syntax. god status shows only "up".

Is there any way to check if everything starts fine after starting god? I would like to avoid waiting for pidfile and checking if some process in the system is running on that pid, because it won't work.

lem...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2015, 2:01:23 PM1/6/15
to god...@googlegroups.com
Are you using Ruby 2.2?

/usr/bin/ruby: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/god-0.13.4-x86_64-linux/ext/god/netlink_handler_ext.so: undefined symbol: rb_thread_select

rb_thread_select() is deprecated in Ruby 2.1 and completely gone in 2.2. Godrb needs to be updated...