god running as root, load script as deploy user - possible?

Chiel Kunkels

Mar 13, 2015, 11:02:13 AM3/13/15
to god...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have an instance of god running as root, but our deployment user (deploy) is then unable to access the instance and load changed scripts into it upon deploying a project.

Is there a way to load scripts into god from a different user, even though it was started as root?

Cheers,
Chiel

Scott Jacobsen

Jan 7, 2016, 12:51:46 AM1/7/16
to god.rb
I do the same. I configured sudo so the deployment user can access it.

I have this in my sudoers file:

    deploy ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: SETENV: /usr/sbin/service god *, /usr/local/bin/god

This allows my deploy user to do things like `sudo service god restart` or `sudo /usr/local/bin/god status`.