God Is On The Move - Welcoming New People

Mary Jane Sheley

Oct 11, 2016, 10:16:01 PM10/11/16
to god-is-on...@googlegroups.com, Caroline Higgins, RSh14...@aol.com

Good Evening God Is On The Move!

We have an opportunity for someone who likes to coordinate. J

We would like to welcome new people in our parishes and possibly families with Baptisms and newly married couples in our parishes.  We need someone who would coordinate the gathering of materials to go into the ‘Welcome Baskets / Bags’.  Some of the items could be such things as baked goods, a list of contact information for the parishes (being worked on now), a small wooden cross or something religious, a prayer, a welcome/congratulations note, and anything else thought of.   The coordinator would have a list of people with email / phone number who would contribute to the ‘Welcome Basket / Bag’ and a list of people who are willing to deliver the items.  Some of the items could be supplied ahead of time and we have a list of people who will bake goods and contribute items and a list of people who will deliver.  The notification of a new person / family would come to the coordinator from either the parish office or Mary Jane.  The volume of ‘Welcome Baskets / Bags’ is low unless God is very gracious to us all and brings us many new people, which is possible J.  In case you haven’t heard, we are excited to have 15 people in RCIA right now which is so wonderful!

If you are interested or feel a little tug to do this then follow God’s call and say ‘yes’.   If you have another idea on how this could be done, please let us know.  Please contact Mary Jane at RSh14...@aol.com or Caroline at  rce...@gmail.com to let us know you’ll help or if you have any questions and want more information.  Thanks so much!   Have a great week!

Reflection from Saint Mother Teresa – Thirsting for God

Keep giving Jesus to people not by words

but by example, by being in love with Jesus.

*note that when you reply to this email, it actually comes from the God is on the move email group instead of your individual email and goes to everyone in the email group.

Inez Mitchell

Oct 12, 2016, 6:43:15 PM10/12/16
to god-is-on...@googlegroups.com

I may be crazy, but something is tugging at me re welcome. Maybe we all can meet together and flesh out some ideas to instill me with courage to undertake this blessing.

Is there such a thing as an interim/alternate/take over coordinator in case I feel overwhelmed. ALso, I have been wondering if perhaps a younger representative would be better, more easy for younger people to identify with. Etc etc. I seriously wonder about this, and in case you all have concern about the age differential I would understand completely. INez

Sent from my iPad

Inez Mitchell

Oct 12, 2016, 6:45:02 PM10/12/16
to god-is-on...@googlegroups.com
Me again, my Ipad is dying.  I left my charger in Ca., and Mary is sending it.  If you want, my number is 217 735-2151.

Sent from my iPad

Isabel Vidal

Oct 13, 2016, 11:24:26 PM10/13/16
to god-is-on...@googlegroups.com
Inez - I think you would do a marvelous job and co-chair would be a great idea so the work is shared. My two cents

Sent from my iPhone

Langenbahns

Oct 13, 2016, 11:30:08 PM10/13/16
to god-is-on...@googlegroups.com, imv...@abelink.com
Fantastic! I will be a doer but you two will be good engines. Inez, I remember when you had the same tug, and it was answered.

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App