cleaning up old show files/media

David Gotlieb

Jan 25, 2023, 2:12:25 PM1/25/23
to Go Button
After years of use by multiple people my gobutton sound library is filled with like ten different "track 1" also a lot of the same sound file loaded multiple times but with different names.

a lot of people with good intentions but bad file organizing habits has lead to a nightmare of back end junk.

is there any way to easily clean these show files up?
they are useful to have so ideally I'm not just deleting a bunch of info

currently thinking about bundling all of the shows to icloud. deleting everything. Then loading in 1 show at a time and trying to clean them up like that but i don't know if there is an easy way to clean up cue sound file names?

it would be great if I could do some of these things with an actual computer but i don't think there is a quick and easy way to do that. But I'm open to ideas.

Brent Lord

Jan 27, 2023, 9:22:26 AM1/27/23
to Go Button
Hi David --

Bundling your shows with the sound files and exporting them out of your Go Button Documents folder would be your best bet in this case. I understand that could be tedious, but currently Go Button does not have a way to automatically remove unused audio files at this time. Also just as a reminder, bundling only can copy audio files from your Documents folder, not the tracks in your Music library. Those tracks would need to be managed by the Music app.

We have had requests in the past to add a Documents folder cleanup feature like this, but we are really hesitant to add any command that would bulk delete files from your device. That is a bit scary to think about building. It feels safest to leave a task like that to humans for now.  :)

Brent

Ed Cody

Jan 28, 2023, 10:45:03 PM1/28/23
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
You sent this to David. I’m Ed Cody. I sent an entirely different request. Hope you can find it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

On 27 Jan 2023, at 9:22 AM, Brent Lord <br...@figure53.com> wrote:

Hi David --

Bundling your shows with the sound files and exporting them out of your Go Button Documents folder would be your best bet in this case. I understand that could be tedious, but currently Go Button does not have a way to automatically remove unused audio files at this time. Also just as a reminder, bundling only can copy audio files from your Documents folder, not the tracks in your Music library. Those tracks would need to be managed by the Music app.

We have had requests in the past to add a Documents folder cleanup feature like this, but we are really hesitant to add any command that would bulk delete files from your device. That is a bit scary to think about building. It feels safest to leave a task like that to humans for now.  :)

Brent

Chris Ashworth

Jan 29, 2023, 4:07:11 PM1/29/23
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ed,

The Google group here emails everyone any time a message is sent to it, so Brent’s reply to David was sent to everyone in the group.

I am not initially seeing a question from you on the Google group so please feel free to write again, or directly to sup...@figure53.com

Cheers,
Chris