Go Button Development

Anthony Hunt

May 15, 2020, 6:43:04 PM5/15/20
to Go Button
Hi Figure 53,

Any news on the development of Go Button? It’s been 5 months since the last update and we don’t seem to be seeing any new features? Just bug fixes?

Thanks,

Anthony.

Chris Ashworth

May 15, 2020, 6:55:53 PM5/15/20
to Anthony Hunt, gobu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anthony,

We generally don't publicly announce plans for any specific release dates of our products, because it’s too easy to get it wrong.

That said, we’re currently in a period of effort focused on QLab, and expect to return to more significant Go Button development after that is complete.

Best,
Chris

ant....@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2020, 5:43:56 PM11/20/20
to Go Button
Hi Chris,

I appreciate that there aren't many shows going on right now, but can you update us on Go Button? 11 months with no updates whilst your period of focus on QLab has warranted 3 minor releases? and educational distance learning licensing.

I think regular updates might just keep us all tinkering during the ongoing lockdown periods.

Maybe some discussion about the integration with Companion? or OSC?

Kindly,

Anthony.

Chris Ashworth

Nov 20, 2020, 5:50:34 PM11/20/20
to ant....@gmail.com, gobu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anthony,

Thanks for checking back in! A very reasonable question.

Almost all our work right now is on developing QLab 5, which is why it has not translated to public releases yet.

Go Button is something we very much still care about. Strategically, we need to get QLab 5 done before we can turn energy to other things.

We welcome discussion and feedback on it in the meantime though! Hearing about what you’d like to see in the future is still something we can take in and make notes about for when the time comes.

Best,

ant....@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2020, 6:25:11 PM11/20/20
to Go Button
Thanks again for the update. I appreciate that Go Button is the poor baby brother of QLab (take that as a compliment). It would just be nice to see a few more posts about it.

I don't know if you/Figure53 follow the X32/M32 or X32TC groups on Fb, but Go Button gets quite a lot of mentions in there - and ofc recommended by me.  If you follow the Companion development (Streamdeck) you'll know that I started the Go Button project on there which has since seen others contribute.

My biggest fear is that you can't see how many people are using (and continue to use) the free version? (and yes I get that it's free and you don't make any money from it and I think I've previously talked about the amateur theatre market and potential costings (ie. no one wants to pay £99 for an app that isn't updated but I'd have probable paid £9.99 a year for the last 5 years if it was)).

Even just posting "Guys we're busy with Qlab this month" is better than radio silence.

Don't take what I've said the wrong way. I love Go Button, I recommend it a lot. I use QLab a bit, recommend it a lot.

Ant.

Andy Payne

Nov 20, 2020, 6:32:27 PM11/20/20
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
For what it's worth.

I only just discovered GoButton and I'm using it as a trial to support a small show for my pensioners drama group.
$99 is a bit steep for me but I'd certainly pay a yearly subscription.
I was a bit concerned the app was obsolete.
Best wishes,
Andy
The old part.

--
Andy Payne
Business: andrew...@bluep.com

ant....@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2020, 6:35:38 PM11/20/20
to Go Button
Hi Andy,

Yes I agree. Thankfully I have "access" to a number of iPads, so working on multiple shows is easier.

Ant.

Andy Payne

Nov 20, 2020, 6:46:08 PM11/20/20
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ant,
I hope you don't mind me asking but .......
I'm struggling getting the GoPro sound out of my iPad and into my Mac and into Zoom. (I'm running my show as a webinar). I don't want to screenshare the GoPro just the sound.
If you have any thoughts, you'd make an old man very happy.
My show is next week!
Andy.

ant....@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2020, 7:03:04 PM11/20/20
to Go Button
Hi Andy,

Possibly worth posting a separate thread for this. But I'd install "blackhole" which is a virtual 16ch soundcard. Plug you ipad into the mac via 3.5mm cable - route it to blackhole along with any other sources like mics. The set Zoom to use blackhole as an audio input.

Ant.

Andy Payne

Nov 20, 2020, 7:10:03 PM11/20/20
to gobu...@googlegroups.com