Video Files

esmi...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2016, 2:49:01 PM7/3/16
to Go Button
Is there any chance in the future to add video/audio playback?
I do not believe it already does this correct?

Brent Lord

Jul 6, 2016, 9:50:18 AM7/6/16
to Go Button
Currently Go Button 3.0 supports stereo audio playback.

We are still actively developing Go Button -- and video playback is definitely something we are interested in exploring. But we don't have any plans yet for when that might happen. I'll add your vote to our feature suggestion list!

- Brent

Anthony Hunt

Jan 15, 2020, 6:01:01 PM1/15/20
to Go Button
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I wondered if with all the new advances in iOS whether there had been any more thoughts of supporting video.

Recently I e had a couple of events where I’ve only needed to play a logo at a specific time and then remove it. Using an iPad and Go Button would be the obvious mobile choice.

Thoughts?

Anthony.

Brent Lord

Jan 17, 2020, 10:54:21 AM1/17/20
to Go Button
Certainly the current iOS device lineup is much more capable at video playback than it was a few years ago!

A big consideration for this context is how to best support and manage *external* video playback, since most uses would involve sending content to a second screen rather than watching videos on the device itself.

This is definitely an area we continue to think about. Out of curiosity, to play a logo at your events, would you envision yourself connecting your iPad directly to your projector or television?

--
Brent Lord | Figure 53

Anthony Hunt

Jan 17, 2020, 12:41:28 PM1/17/20
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brent,

Yes. I currently lug my spare MacBook around with me, and either use Keynote (for very simple videos) or end up using QLab for more complex things.

Personally I would envisage it’s operation being the same as sound works, with the screen going black when nothing is playing.

I have used my iPad with Keynote for play out too, but it’s also great that I can use OSC to control go button remotely via Companion and Stream Deck.

Anthony.

Brent Lord

Feb 1, 2020, 10:54:52 AM2/1/20
to Go Button
Thanks for the extra info, Anthony.

We don't have any news to report in this area right now, but hearing about potential use cases like yours is very instructive!

Brian Morrison

Feb 4, 2020, 3:13:27 PM2/4/20
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Would have liked to use in a play we are currently producing. Short video clips and slides. Mixed with sound clips we raN test clips thru projector easily but had no way to play in order so ended up using Pro presenter a very much over specked solution.