Go Button 3.3.0 available

Brent Lord

Apr 5, 2023, 3:14:45 PM4/5/23
to Go Button

Hello!

Go Button 3.3.0 is now available for download on the App Store. This is a free update for all current users of Go Button and Go Button Pro.

This version brings Go Button up-to-date for the latest iOS and adds a number of highly-requested features. Requires iOS 15 or later.

Here is the full list of changes in this release:

NEW

  • Cue settings to stop, resume, and reset the elapsed show timer.
  • Adds an app preference to choose whether hits play on touch down, touch up, or the current "mixed" behavior.
  • Adds a light mode color theme, perfect for use outdoors or in bright conditions.
  • Swipe to hide the elapsed show timer and/or wall clock in Full Screen Mode on iPad.
  • Support for setting a larger or smaller UI text size.
  • Support for batch editing cue start & end times.
  • Support for playing audio from certain video file formats.
  • Adds targets "All Cues" and "All Hits" for certain custom go actions.
  • Adds remote control actions to dim, undim, mute, and unmute the main volume.
  • Adds OSC commands /timer/elapsed {number} and /timer/duration {number}. (OSC command /timer {number} is removed in favor of these new commands.)
  • Adds OSC commands /timer/reset/elapsed and /timer/reset/duration.
  • Adds OSC /uniqueIDs and /shallow variants to return less data from /cueLists and /runningCues commands.
  • Support for receiving OSC 1.1 data types "True" and "False" for OSC methods that accept boolean values.
  • Adds remote control profiles for "Audio Ape Pro" and "Media Monkey" by Audio Ape Remote.

IMPROVED

  • Faster response time for hits.
  • Attempting to load a malformed audio file is now successful in more cases.
  • Better performance when exporting and importing show bundles.
  • The "Fade Out / Pause" go action no longer requires resuming the cue. Instead, the "Fade to %" and "Fade to dB" go actions now resume a paused cue and can be inserted where needed.
  • Preferences can now be reset to the factory default settings.

FIXED

  • A bug that prevented importing a show if a .gobutton file with the same name already existed in the "Autosaves" folder.
  • A bug that could cause Full Screen Mode on iPad to jitter between font sizes.
  • A bug that could cause the GO button to display the incorrect text after triggering an "Exit Loop" go action.
  • A bug that allowed an invalid OSC Passcode to be set in the Sidebar > OSC Control Settings.
  • A bug on iPad that could cause the screen to remain dimmed and unresponsive after sharing a show.
  • Restores the search bar that had gone missing from the Music tab of the Media Picker.
  • Several fixes to the OSC command /replyFormat.
  • Timestamps in Show Settings are now displayed in the correct time zone.

--

Brent Lord | Figure 53

http://gobutton.tips | https://gobutton.app

Philippe Lux

Apr 6, 2023, 7:05:48 AM4/6/23
to Go Button
Hello Brent,

That's good news .
All new additions seems to be very promising, especially the outdoor mode for brights environnements.

But, WHY does it now require iOS 15 ???!
Latest version runned great on my iphones 5C (iOS 10).
Are there new functions that really require latest iOS ?

Thanks for your clarifications.
Best
Philippe

John Nolan

Apr 6, 2023, 4:03:57 PM4/6/23
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Great Brent.

Looks good on devices. Thanks.

Brent Lord

Apr 6, 2023, 4:37:32 PM4/6/23
to Go Button
Hi Philippe --

I completely understand that it is disappointing to not be able to run v3.3.0 on your phone. You can still run the last-compatible version (v3.2.8) as you did before, and the App Store will provide that version for you to re-download if you ever need to.

Our general policy with our iOS apps is to support the current and previous versions of iOS, but we also wait for a good reason or until something in the Apple ecosystem tips the scale -- e.g. we don't change just because another year has gone by. Go Button had the previous minimum of iOS 10.3 since v3.1.0 was released back in November 2017.

For this 3.3.0 update, it was mainly the release of iOS 13 which added Dark Mode and the dynamic colors that make the new Go Button light mode color theme possible. Any device that can run iOS 13 can also run iOS 15, hence the new minimum.

I hope this helps explain. We don't make these changes lightly!
Brent

Philippe Lux

Apr 7, 2023, 6:46:20 AM4/7/23
to Go Button
Hi Brent,
Thanks for your explanations.
I just bought Go button last week and four iPhones 5 for a show in the streets.
Understand my  disapointment when I understood that I just bought an "obsolete" software, because no forthcoming update will be available for me.

Best
Philippe

Frank V. Farrell

Apr 7, 2023, 11:43:30 AM4/7/23
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for a wonderful upgrade.  I have request for the next update.

While in edit mode, could the elapsed time add up the selected files total time?

This would be a simple way to see what makes a 20 minute break.

Thanks
Fvf

Frank V. Farrell
Audio Engineer / PM / nice guy
+1 816 678 7199
What's App user.

Brent Lord

Apr 7, 2023, 2:46:36 PM4/7/23
to Go Button
Thanks for the suggestion Frank!
I've added it to our list to consider for the future.
Brent

j...@jayasher.com

Apr 8, 2023, 12:01:50 PM4/8/23
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
While I understand your disappointment, the iPhone 5 was released in 2012, so you bought four phones with 10 year old technology. That is a lifetime in the world of technology.

Best,
Jay
On Apr 7, 2023, at 3:46 AM, Philippe Lux <philipp...@orange.fr> wrote:

Hi Brent,

Jason Nejrup

Apr 8, 2023, 12:01:56 PM4/8/23
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Not sure I would worry to much we have all been using it for 4 years without an update! It’s been fine I bet you would not use the few things that changed and I’m sure you will update your phone and have the new version ready!
It’s a great investment

On 7 Apr 2023, at 11:46, Philippe Lux <philipp...@orange.fr> wrote:

Hi Brent,