Stop All Sounds

Anthony Hunt

Jul 4, 2019, 8:41:29 PM7/4/19
to Go Button
There's a "Go Action" to "Stop all others" playing but not one to "Stop all sounds/cues".

Brent Lord

Jul 5, 2019, 1:49:47 PM7/5/19
to Go Button
One way you can achieve this is to use a "Stop Cue / Go Next" action to trigger the following cue that has "Stop Others" enabled.

Anthony Hunt

Jul 5, 2019, 2:53:40 PM7/5/19
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brent,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, you can. But that requires two presses, and if you have a double tap safety on, you can’t do that quickly.  Having a “stop all” would be really useful.

Ant.

Brent Lord

Jul 5, 2019, 3:08:16 PM7/5/19
to Go Button
Using the "Stop Cue / Go Next" action requires just one GO to both stop the current cue and start the next cue. I attached a sample .gobutton file which shows this in action.

(I've also made a note in our tracker to look at ways to enable "Stop All" from a go action.)
Stop All with Go Action.gobutton

Anthony Hunt

Jul 5, 2019, 3:21:41 PM7/5/19
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I know that. But it doesn’t stop other sounds.

Ie. Cue 1, background atmosphere of a storm
Cue 2, door bell
Cue 3, washing machine running
Cue 4, lightening strike

So, cue 1 continues through the scene. Cue 2 sounds and ends, cue 3 continues until cue 4.

As cue 4 plays, at some point I have a go action for “stop all sounds”. Not when it starts, not when it ends, but when I press the go action.

Does that make sense?

Ant.

<Stop All with Go Action.gobutton>

Brent Lord

Jul 5, 2019, 4:49:04 PM7/5/19
to Go Button
What I meant to say is that the cue following your "Stop Cue / Go Next" go action cue would have "Stop Others" turned on. The combination of the go action and the following cue's "stop others" is one way to cause all of your currently running cues to stop with just one tap.

In your example, you could add a Cue 5 that is an empty cue with "Stop Others" turned on. In Cue 4, you would add the "Stop Cue / Go Next" go action. While cue 4 is running, tapping GO to trigger that go action will stop Cue 4 and start Cue 5. When cue 5 starts, "Stop Others" will stop all other cues that are running.

The go action itself may not even be necessary, depending on your show's design. If Cue 4 has no need for any go actions, once you start Cue 4, your "stop others" Cue 5 will become selected and you can just trigger that cue at any time to stop everything else.

All of this is just to give you some options for now. It would be cleaner to accomplish with just a single action, and we appreciate the feedback!