Multitrack Audio

Paul Mellors

Aug 18, 2022, 7:12:59 PM8/18/22
to Go Button
Hi,
Is there any prospect of Go Button being able to handle stems? Also, is there any progress of being able to exchange files with QLab?

I currently use Ableton Live for show (multitrack) playback and DMX control and am considering a change.

Thanks
Paul

Brent Lord

Aug 19, 2022, 3:07:59 PM8/19/22
to Go Button
Hi Paul --

Yes, we are definitely exploring multi-channel playback. It may take the form of adding support for audio files with more than 2 audio channels, or support for having multiple audio files playable from a single cue, (or maybe both?).

For file exchange, you can export .gobutton and .gobundle files from Go Button 3.x and open them as a workspace in QLab 4 and later. Going the other direction (exporting from QLab to Go Button) is not possible right now. We'd like to figure out a way to do that, but it is a much less straightforward translation since QLab has far more capabilities that don't exist on Go Button.

Brent