Tracks/cues data dissapperaing after long idle.

James Grant

Oct 31, 2021, 6:46:02 PM10/31/21
to Go Button
Hi all,

We have noticed that on several of our ipads which have sat idle for a time due to covid, entire shows have their cues greyed out with 'missing media file'.  Then we get a prompt to 'keep sharing music with Go Button so you can use music from your music library' or something to that effect.

So it would seem that the authority to share date between music library and Go Button has been removed through no action of our own.

These ipads are also constantly in airplane mode to avoid them connecting to wifi and auto-updating ios or any apps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as to a fix or a reason why this is happening.

thanks,

James.

Brent Lord

Nov 1, 2021, 9:44:51 AM11/1/21
to Go Button
Hi James --

We don't have specific experience with this behavior ourselves, but it sounds plausible to me that iOS might choose to disable Music Library permissions for apps that have not been used in some time.

Whenever a Go Button cue gets disconnected from a track in the Music library, Go Button does attempt to rediscover an exact match the next time you load your show. If you re-enable Music library access for Go Button in the iOS Settings app, do your "Missing Media File" warnings go away?

As with all things related to the iOS Music library, its behavior is ultimately out of our hands. We like the convenience the Music library provides for quick access to tracks, but by far the most reliable thing to do is import your audio files into the Go Button "Documents" folder and use those sources -- where the files remain under Go Button's full control. You don't need to rebuild your shows from scratch -- you can just update the media file selection in your cues right in place to use the file in the new location. We go into further detail about importing files in the Go Button documentation here: https://gobutton.app/docs/v3/getting-started/importing-audio-files/

- Brent