Older iPad issue…

John Michael Coppola

Nov 25, 2023, 8:47:47 PM11/25/23
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I was having issues with the app crashing on an older iPad when I was trying to edit individual tracks (auto-follow specifically).

I figured I’d try to restore the iPad and redownload the app. When I did, and tried to redownload the app, it gave me an error that the app wasn’t compatible with that iPad (even though it was on there and working prior…before it began crashing). Sadly, I didn’t get a option to download an earlier version of the app.

Any ideas/thoughts/help/advice?

Thanks,
JMC

John Michael Coppola

Nov 26, 2023, 1:03:53 AM11/26/23
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
UPDATE on this...

I was able to figure out how to download a compatible version of the app, but I'm still getting the crashing issue (on two older iPads), where when I try to edit a single cue, it crashes. I can edit multiple cues with no issue. But I need to be able to edit them individually. This wasn't alway an issue.

I have a new iPad mini and iPad pro and this isn't happening on those devices and I'm using the same files (although, because these iPads are older, I am unable to AirDrop and there is no 'Document' folder for me to upload them to that I can find...)

Any advice?

Thanks!
JMC

Brent Lord

Nov 29, 2023, 9:41:25 AM11/29/23
to Go Button
Hi JMC --

Which specific version of Go Button are you using on the older devices, and what version of iOS are they running? We aren't able to release patches for anything except the current App Store version unfortunately, but the last-compatible releases for a given version of iOS are all known to be fairly stable. (We try to make sure of that before we increase the minimum iOS requirement.)

Is Go Button presenting you with a crash report to submit on the older iPads? If so, please send that in and include your email address so that we can take a look. Perhaps we can figure out what is happening.

Also, if there is a certain audio file that is consistently involved in the crashes, you may try transcoding that file to a WAV or AIFF. Oftentimes a non-standard MP3 or M4A encoding is the culprit of many crashes.

Brent

Philippe Lux

Dec 13, 2023, 10:01:07 AM12/13/23
to Go Button
Hi John,
I'm facing the same issue as you, uninstalled and tried to reinstall Gobutton on an iPod (ios 9.3.5), and now i'm stuck with "this application is incompatible..."

How did you manage to reinstall it ?
Thanks.
Philippe

Philippe Lux

Dec 14, 2023, 3:39:43 AM12/14/23
to Go Button
Found it :
In AppStore, go to Purchased Apps and install from here !

Best
Philippe