Combining QLab and Powerpoint to be triggered by performer

David Bibby

Jul 31, 2019, 6:45:31 AM7/31/19
to Go Button
Hello,

I am a comedian about to start my new show. Up until now I have been running my cues from two separate machines

- one running a basic QLab with sound cues operated by my technician
- a second laptop running a Powerpoint cued by me onstage with a clicker

Now I need to combine the two into one QLab file. Can anyone point me in the direction of a basic step-by-step guide on how to do this? I can do basic QLab stuff but I am not a technician so might need fairly detailed instructions.

Then once I have it all in one file I one to keep the same format of technician cueing sound cues and me cueing the images/ videos (helps with comic timing to do it myself).

How do I operate from a clicker? Or should I use the Go Button app?

Any help and advice much appreciated.

Dave

Brent Lord

Jul 31, 2019, 11:50:24 AM7/31/19
to Go Button
Hi David --

Go Button would only be able to handle your audio cues, so to also trigger images for your show you can use QLab.

There isn't a direct way to migrate from PowerPoint to QLab, but the basic idea is to create Video cues in QLab to play back your still images. One important thing to know is that still-image Video cues in QLab keep running until you stop them. So whenever you want to switch to a new image, don't forget to also add a "Stop" cue to tell your previous image to stop.

You might try searching the QLab group for additional advice. If you don't find what you need, feel free to post a question there:

- Brent