Go Button 3.3.0 beta

Brent Lord

Mar 17, 2023, 5:49:53 PM3/17/23
to Go Button
Hello!

We are nearing completion on the next update to Go Button. Version 3.3.0 will bring Go Button up-to-date for the latest iOS, fixes a handful of bugs, and of course, adds a few new features.

Major new features:
  • Cue settings to stop, resume, and reset the elapsed show timer.
  • Adds an app preference to choose whether hits play on touch down, touch up, or the current "mixed" behavior.
  • Adds a light mode color theme, perfect for use outdoors or in bright conditions.
  • Swipe to hide the elapsed show timer and/or wall clock in Full Screen Mode on iPad.
and more!

We would like to offer a public beta for testing and feedback. The beta is installed using the Apple TestFlight app:
https://testflight.apple.com/join/S9xreG7a

IMPORTANT: Installing the beta overwrites your current copy of Go Button!
  • Please DO NOT INSTALL this beta if you are currently performing shows.
  • Shows in your current copy of Go Button will be permanently migrated to the new version.
  • You will not be able to downgrade your shows to an earlier version once you install the beta.
For this reason, please backup your existing .gobutton files and audio files before installing this beta.

The beta comes with a temporary unlock that is valid only during the beta testing period. (You may need to "Restore Previous Purchases" to activate the beta unlock.) TestFlight runs in the App Store Sandbox environment, so you will not be charged for any "purchases" made in the beta. Once this version is released, you can update to the App Store version and continue to use Go Button under your previous, pre-beta licensing status.

If you are running iOS 15 or later -- and have a spare device that you are not using to run shows right now, we'd love for you to try out this version, and let us know what you think!

Brent Lord | Figure 53
https://gobutton.app

Anthony Hunt

Mar 21, 2023, 9:36:33 PM3/21/23
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brent,

Thank you for the Beta. I’ve been working with the Show Timer cues a lot this week. No problems so far. Yet to implement directly via OSC but running as “Follow” cues to my House Music Fade and interval pause and restart, I can safely say these have been stable on my iPad.

Personally I find these useful for show timings.

Thank you for sharing! I will test more as soon as I can.

Ant.