How to change volume within a cue

John Nolan

May 22, 2023, 4:13:25 PM5/22/23
to Go Button
This is probably obvious to most, but I can't see how to fade a cue down after it starts, and then fade it up again without having to trigger a new go action.

I'd like the cue to start loud, fade down, and then swell up again all within one cue. I know I could edit the media, but I'd like to be able to tweak things. What am I missing?

Seablade -

May 23, 2023, 9:36:29 AM5/23/23
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
So when you start getting into this I find it better to go with QLab than Go Button.  But while I haven't tested this lately, my suspicion:

Build your audio file cue.  Have it autofollow into the next cue based off the timing you want.  Then create a new cue as the next cue, don't load in an audio file.  Have this cue duck others, set the amount based off your desired change and set the duration to how long you want it to duck down.

       Thomas

On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 4:13 PM John Nolan <mai...@ragandbone.ca> wrote:
This is probably obvious to most, but I can't see how to fade a cue down after it starts, and then fade it up again without having to trigger a new go action.

I'd like the cue to start loud, fade down, and then swell up again all within one cue. I know I could edit the media, but I'd like to be able to tweak things. What am I missing?

John Nolan

May 23, 2023, 9:43:15 AM5/23/23
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that.
I tried what you suggested, but it didn't seem to work as expected. I might have missed something, but it seems that without a media file the fade has no effect. I suspect the fade is set to target the non-existing media file. Or, I did something wrong.

I may try using a remote with go actions instead.

Seablade -

May 23, 2023, 11:31:25 AM5/23/23
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
You don't want to use a fade, under 'WHEN THIS CUE STARTS' you want to go to the action 'Duck Others' and tell it to Duck "CUES & HITS" and then tell it what volume to reduce by (It is in % for some reason instead of dB, hey Go Button folks, can we do dB instead please?)

I did just verify that works here for the record, at least as a separate cue, I haven't tested the autofollow off the previous cue yet.

     Thomas

John Nolan

May 23, 2023, 12:29:24 PM5/23/23
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Okay! I've got it...I had the duration of my ducking cue set to 0...that might explain why it had no effect. :-)

Thanks for taking the time to walk me through this.