Different usage

Travis Jones

Aug 2, 2022, 11:02:04 PM8/2/22
to Go Button
Hi all… love the app and recently discovered it. I am actually using it in a broadcast setting. We run our sports game broadcast production and commercials from the game site with Go App. I can’t believe the functionality and customization from a free app. I would have gladly paid the 99 bucks for the current features. My only wish is that you could customize the cues like you can the hits but that’s my only small wish.

Thank you for a great app

Brent Lord

Aug 3, 2022, 9:04:53 AM8/3/22
to Go Button
Hi and thanks for the nice note!

Out of curiosity, what sort of customizations are you wishing to have for cues?  Feel free to share here, or write us at sup...@figure53.com. We'd love to hear your thoughts!

Brent

Kelly Wilhelmi

Aug 3, 2022, 9:51:32 AM8/3/22
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Please share with the group what customization you are talking about.
Kelly

On Aug 3, 2022, at 8:05 AM, Brent Lord <br...@figure53.com> wrote:

Hi and thanks for the nice note!

Out of curiosity, what sort of customizations are you wishing to have for cues?  Feel free to share here, or write us at sup...@figure53.com. We'd love to hear your thoughts!

Brent

Travis Jones

Aug 9, 2022, 12:50:20 AM8/9/22
to Go Button
Thanks for responding guys, I would like to be able to color code the cues like we can the hits. Again just a small thing

Brent Lord

Aug 9, 2022, 6:26:18 PM8/9/22
to Go Button
Thanks for the feedback! I've added your +1 for this to our list of feature requests.

Brent

Billy Reid

Aug 9, 2022, 6:31:52 PM8/9/22
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brent,

Might be pie in the sky, but any possibility voice prompts might be programmed to start cues in the future?

As a solo performer, this would be such an incredibly valuable option & would mean I don’t have to physically press anything during performance

Kind regards,
Billy Reid

On 9 Aug 2022, at 23:26, Brent Lord <br...@figure53.com> wrote:

Thanks for the feedback! I've added your +1 for this to our list of feature requests.

Brent

Kelly Wilhelmi

Aug 9, 2022, 8:37:20 PM8/9/22
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
There are remotes that work great with GoButton.

On Aug 9, 2022, at 5:31 PM, Billy Reid <billy...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Brent,

Brent Lord

Aug 11, 2022, 10:09:06 AM8/11/22
to Go Button
Hi Billy --

We've had this request come up a handful of times in the past, and I am always curious to hear more about how someone would like this to work.

Would the voice prompts be obvious "control" commands, like actually saying "GO" or "play next"? Or would you want to assign custom phrases to secretly initiate specific actions in the show? Would you want to engage the app to receive a voice prompt only at certain moments (either a trigger phrase or hardware button), or is it always listening? Would an audience be able to hear your voice commands?

I'm not sure what is technically possible these days with the iOS voice control APIs available, but let us know your ideal setup. We'll be sure to add it to our feature ideas list.

Brent

Billy Reid

Aug 12, 2022, 7:20:18 AM8/12/22
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your email Brent.

As a solo performer (of the magician variety), I use Go Button during my shows to play music and sound effects. I don't use any remotes as I can have my phone just under the table where my performance takes place, but whether there's a remote or not, there's still a requirement for a physical prompt.

In an ideal world, there would be an option to 'program' each cue to start/stop when certain combinations of words are used.

So, for example, in my opening routine, I say "I was five years old", and that's when the first track plays. Instead of having to press a button, what if my phone was always listening and whenever it hears those five words in that specific order, it plays that track. Basically, the script IS the voice commands.

I hope that makes sense, and I appreciate this might be very difficult to do, but worth suggesting nonetheless. :)

Regards
Billy

micp...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2022, 7:57:01 AM8/12/22
to Go Button
On Friday, August 12, 2022 at 12:20:18 PM UTC+1 billy...@gmail.com wrote:
[...]

As someone with a voice controlled house, I have to say that the accuracy of speech recognition, even with a wake word, is often very poor, particularly in the presence of music and other sounds.

To get sufficient accuracy from continuous speech analysis in a live entertainment environment  is I think at the present time  science fiction.

Having  said that if your script is absolutely fixed, the accuracy increases exponentially. Speech to subtitling software, where a script is provided is capable of matching the speech to words in the script rapidly and accurately , and this approach may yield useful results, and is certainly what I would try first.

It moght  be a great research project for a sound engineering student to investigate.!

Mic

Brent Lord

Aug 19, 2022, 2:44:11 PM8/19/22
to Go Button
Billy --

Thanks for the explanation. I can see how a strictly voice-controlled app would be really great for your routines. I'll add you notes to our tracker for this issue.

As I mentioned earlier, I don't know the state of the APIs that are available for this at the moment. There are things like Shortcuts and Siri intents, but you clearly wouldn't want to have to use a "Hey Siri" in your show. And as Mic points out, nailing the accuracy would be the key factor to solve.

All in all, very fun to think about. Thanks for the extra info!
Brent