Walk in music

Rex Garrett

May 25, 2024, 8:40:43 PMMay 25
to Go Button
Can a single cue play a list of music files without creating a cue for each song and auto-playing the next file? If a playlist is possible, can the list be looped?

Brent Lord

May 28, 2024, 5:24:37 PMMay 28
to Go Button
Hello --

Currently in Go Button 3.3.x, a cue can play just a single audio file. We are looking at ways to perhaps group cues together to enable a "playlist" sort of behavior, so I will add your +1 to our feature tracker.

You can replicate a looping "playlist" type behavior within a single show, by turning on "Continuous Show" in your Show Settings. To play any other cues outside of that playlist, you can quickly exit that show and load another one with your non-"playlist" audio, etc.

Thanks!
Brent

Rex Garrett

May 30, 2024, 12:46:23 PMMay 30
to Go Button
Thanks Brent!  Is there a "Go To" cue?  For example, can Cue 10 stop all files and execute Cue 1?

Brent Lord

Jun 3, 2024, 1:01:22 PMJun 3
to Go Button
There are several Go Actions you might find work for you.  "Fade Out / Go Next" or "Stop Cue / Go Next" in particular will stop the current cue and start cue 1 in a show that has "Continuous Show" enabled.

Another option is to create an "empty cue", which you can do from the "Add Cues" screen by tapping "Add New" without selecting a media file. This cue can have a zero-length duration, then you can turn on both "Stop Others" and "Auto-follow" in that empty cue which I think will accomplish what you are looking for.

Brent

Billy Reid

Jun 4, 2024, 8:22:20 AMJun 4
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brent,

Wondered if you could help me with something - probably quite simple, but I can't figure it out!

I have a 7-minute track that I want to play at low volume until I press the "Go" button at which point I'd like the volume to increase after 10 seconds.

Is this possible? And if so, how do I do it?

Thanks
Billy

Brent Lord

Jun 5, 2024, 10:46:37 AMJun 5
to Go Button
Hi Billy --

The simplest way would be to start your 7-minute track at the low volume, then add a "Fade to dB" go action that fades it up to the increased volume with a duration of 10 seconds.

If you want a 10 second delay before the fade up occurs, then you can do it with a little creative use of empty hits:
- First add an empty hit that has "Duck Others" enabled and set to "Hits & Cues" and with a very long duration (longer than 7 minutes).
- Add a second empty hit that has "Stop Others" enabled and set to just "Hits", and set the Pre Wait Time of 10 seconds.
- Add your 7 minute long track as a cue with the volume set to the final volume.
- Start your Duck Others hit.
- Then start your 7 minute long cue. As long as the Duck Others hit is running, your cue will play at the lower volume level determined by the hit's Duck Others "Reduce Volume by %" setting.
- When you are ready to increase the volume of your cue, tap the second Stop Others hit. After the Stop Others pre wait counts down, the Stop Others setting will only stop the Duck Others hit, which will release the ducking and allow your cue to increase to its volume level.

Brent

Billy Reid

Jun 5, 2024, 10:57:25 AMJun 5
to gobu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brent,

Thanks for this!

Where do I find this “Fade to dB” action?

Kind regards,
Billy Reid

On 5 Jun 2024, at 15:46, Brent Lord <br...@figure53.com> wrote:

Hi Billy --

Brent Lord

Jun 5, 2024, 11:07:19 AMJun 5
to Go Button
"Fade to dB" is a Go Action, which can be found near the bottom of the Edit Cue screen. They are optional actions that can be added to your cues and triggered by tapping GO while that cue is running.

This part of the Go Button documentation goes into more detail:

Brent