Champion Baptist added to schedule

John Wright

Sep 9, 2005, 8:21:04 PM9/9/05
to Harding Basketball
The basketball schedule was updated once again on Wednesday, this time
for the addition of Champion Baptist College on Saturday, February 4.
The game falls in the middle of the conference season, about the time
that most GSC teams add in an extra non-conference game.

Champion Baptist is not an ordinary opponent, as they will be in their
first year of intercollegiate athletic competition. Given their
website, I'd be astonished if they had more than 400 or so students.
My best guess would be around 250, which would be about 125 men.
Basically, the basketball team would be a tenth of the male student
population. If anyone knows more about this school, I'd love to hear
it.

I don't have a problem with us scheduling teams like this, but with
only four in-region non-conference games (home and home against UNA and
UAH), we won't have much room for error when it comes to our conference
play, at least from an NCAA Tournament standpoint.

At least this one should be an entertaining game. Mark your calendars.