Ecplise IDE import hacks

Vicky Kak

Apr 21, 2017, 2:24:57 AM4/21/17
to gobblin-users
The following wiki was not enough for getting gobblin imported in eclipse

Configuring the Eclipse IDE with gooblin

- checkout the code using
- vicky@vicky-Latitude-E5570:~/git/gobblin/gradle clean build
The above command failed, the tests were failing. I did ignore these errors as I was informed in gitter that there are some issue in tests

- Execute the build ./gradlew clean eclipse -PjdkVersion=1.8

Next import the eclipse project with nested import

You will see the following errors

 Project 'gobblin-rest-api' is missing required library: '/home/vicky/git/gobblin/build/gobblin-rest-api/libs/gobblin-rest-api-test-data-template-0.9.0-543-g755da9160.jar

Since the build had failed and hence the test jars for the gooblin-rest-api were not created and hence the eclipse IDE could not find it and errors the above message.
To fix this issue we will build the gooblin-rest-service project as follows

- vicky@vicky-Latitude-E5570:~/git/gobblin/gobblin-rest-service$ gradle clean build

It would be great if someone from the dev team tests it again and updates the documentation.
Also I will update the build errors those appear due to running of tests.

Thanks,
Vicky