Gobblin As Service Questions

Vicky Kak

Jul 25, 2017, 7:33:24 AM7/25/17
to us...@gobblin.incubator.apache.org, gobblin-users
To my surprise after I looked at the code and referred the presentation that Shrishanka had send my ignorance about Gobblin As A Service was removed

Gobblin As a service : It is a Global Orchestrator which helps in submitting the logical flow specifications which are further compiled to the physical pipelines.

We have been triggering the Gobblin Jobs using the RestEnd point and it is done by implementing the custom service as explained here

I have got the following questions

1) What is the use case for Gobblin As service, I don't see the Orchestrator's rest endpoint port being configurable. If we have to add FlowSpec using the different machine we need to know the Orchestrator's host and port details, how do we do it?

2) Does FlowSpec creation creates a new Job deployment which can also by copying the corresponding .pull or .job file in the gobblin distribution?

3) Since the master.out log gets created when starting a service, I assume there could be a way to add more Orchestrators to the master that is started. However I am not sure how to do that, can this be clarified?

Please note that I have been looking at the older code, the git log is follow.
commit 755da9160cd91ea5ebcc752603ce1bffb74a75a1 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Author: Kuai Yu <yuku...@gmail.com>
Date:   Tue Apr 11 19:10:53 2017 -0700

Thanks,
Vicky