Gobblin support for kafka 10

Krupa Varughese

Apr 17, 2017, 6:31:22 AM4/17/17
to gobblin-users
Hi Team,

Does Gobblin currently support kafka 10 , or is such a plan under progress. Since we at Pubmatic wants to move away from (kafka 0.8.2 +camus) combination for ingestion to (kafka10 + gobblin).

Thanks in advance for response,
krupa
Message has been deleted

sh...@helpshift.com

Apr 18, 2017, 3:22:13 PM4/18/17
to gobblin-users

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 12:51:45 AM UTC+5:30, sh...@helpshift.com wrote:
HI Team,

I have same question which Krupa has asked. Thanks in advance

Shirshanka Das

Apr 19, 2017, 12:48:06 AM4/19/17
to sh...@helpshift.com, gobblin-users
Hi Krupa, Shyam:
   We're actually migrating to Kafka 10 internally at LinkedIn currently. We should be able to release something in open-source shortly thereafter.
   What sort of timeframe are you looking for?

Shirshanka

Krupa Varughese

Apr 20, 2017, 3:06:16 AM4/20/17
to gobblin-users, sh...@helpshift.com
Hi Shirshanka,

It would be great if its available to us in next 2 months.

Thanks for responding ,
krupa

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 12:22 PM, <sh...@helpshift.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 12:51:45 AM UTC+5:30, sh...@helpshift.com wrote:
HI Team,

I have same question which Krupa has asked. Thanks in advance

Shyam Shinde

Apr 20, 2017, 4:50:10 PM4/20/17
to Krupa Varughese, Shirshanka Das, gobbli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shirshanka / Krupa ,

I tried sample KAFKA-10 --> HDFS gobblin job. I used job config from here

And surprisingly, It worked and writing data to local directory. I tried this in standalone deployment and using LocalJobLauncher. I hope same will work with MR deployment as well.

@ Shirshanka -  I think, There is no change required to in Gobblin-0.9 to support kafka-10. please reply suggestion/explanation.

Thanks,
shyam

Shirshanka Das

Apr 20, 2017, 7:35:04 PM4/20/17
to Shyam Shinde, Krupa Varughese, Shirshanka Das, gobbli...@googlegroups.com
That sounds right. You should be able to read from Kafka 10 cluster using Gobblin 0.9.

We will upgrade the dependency in a month or so.

Shirshanka

Krupa Varughese

May 17, 2017, 8:32:51 AM5/17/17
to gobblin-users, sh...@helpshift.com, krupa.va...@gmail.com, sd...@linkedin.com
Thanks guys for helping me out. It works fine for my requirements !!!