Contributing S3 copy support

Harry Glaser

Mar 26, 2014, 2:50:32 PM3/26/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hi goamz,

I've implemented support for the S3 Copy API (http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/RESTObjectCOPY.html) and I'm interested in contributing it back.

Is that something you guys want? If so, how would I go about it?

Attached is a quick diff so you can see how it was implemented

Thanks!
Harry

--
copy_support.diff

Harry Glaser

Mar 30, 2014, 12:22:29 AM3/30/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hello goamz,

In so doing, I discovered a subtle bug in signing S3 requests. The library sorts headers by the full "key:value1,value2,..." string before signing, but the API specifies that the strings should be sorted by key only. This manifests when one header is a prefix of another, e.g. "x-amz-copy-source" and "x-amz-copy-source-range".

I've fixed this as well. I'd love to commit all this back, and just need to know where & how to submit a patch. :)

Thanks!
Harry